I changed a Drive letter and now cannot delete dead mesh folders RRS feed

• Question

• I had a major problem when I upgraded to Win7 x64 but finally got it working but the result of fixing it cause my mesh folder to be moved from drive F to Drive D.
    Now, if I go to my profile/Mesh Folders and try to set my Sync's back up Mesh fails and tells me:
    Could not stop synchronizing folder with one or more devices in your mesh.
    Request to MOE failed with the status code:
    404 Server could not find the specified resource.

I tried deleting the folder so I could recreate it and I get the same error.
    I deleted it from my live desktop but it still exists on my computer.

So, I cannot remove the local Mesh folder. I cannot redirect it to the correct folder.
    Friday, December 4, 2009 6:06 AM

Answers

• It fixed itself when Live Mesh went to sync up again. :-)
    Basically, the process for making a change like this would have been to change the sync settings for each folder by logging into www.mesh.com and setting them to stop synchronizing with the PC that the folder locations were changed on. In a short time, the folders on that PC would revert to regular folders and not be blue mesh folders. Once that happens, you change the settings again at www.mesh.com and set them to sync with the PC. You are then offered the folders to set the sync back up.

-steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    • Marked as answer by PastorVor Friday, December 4, 2009 6:20 PM
    Friday, December 4, 2009 2:16 PM

All replies

• Wow, you guys are good!!! Did you log into my computer and fix it for me!!! ;)

A short time after writing the above post I closed all open windows to get ready to head to bed and I noticed shortcuts to all of my Mesh folders on my desktop which I knew were not there before.

I clicked each one in order and they were pointed to the correct folder on the new drive letter so I had only to hit the connect or sync button and the sync was set up and the shortcut disappeared off the the desktop.

In other words, Mesh seems to have righted itself.

Thanks!
    Brian
    Friday, December 4, 2009 7:34 AM
  • It fixed itself when Live Mesh went to sync up again. :-)
    Basically, the process for making a change like this would have been to change the sync settings for each folder by logging into www.mesh.com and setting them to stop synchronizing with the PC that the folder locations were changed on. In a short time, the folders on that PC would revert to regular folders and not be blue mesh folders. Once that happens, you change the settings again at www.mesh.com and set them to sync with the PC. You are then offered the folders to set the sync back up.

-steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    • Marked as answer by PastorVor Friday, December 4, 2009 6:20 PM
    Friday, December 4, 2009 2:16 PM
  • Thank you very much for the explaination.
    For a time there I had duplicate folders and I couldn't delete folders and I was really afraid things were quite messed up.

I will learn to be more patient with Mesh...

On a side note. I have always had trouble logging in using the remote through mesh. It always messed up my dual monitor setup. Mesh was aware of this as a bug.

I logged in just the other day and noticed that it did not mess up my dual monitors... Mesh may have gotten this bug fixed!

Good work guys!
    And thanks for a very cool program
    Friday, December 4, 2009 6:23 PM