Activate Data Encryption After Data Refresh RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I would like to know how I can automate the process of data encryption activation throughout 3 different environments (Production, Testing and Development). I know the data encryption key is stored in MSCRM_CONFIG database but after activating the data encryption key I looked at the tables: MSCRM_CONFIG.dbo.DataEncryptionKey and MSCRM_CONFIG.dbo.DataEncryptionKeyProperties and they are both empty (Am I misunderstanding something here?

I have activated the data encryption in the testing environment and my development environment (everything works as expected in each instance), but when I refresh the database of my development environment with a copy from testing (not the MSCRM_CONFIG), I have to activate the data encryption again (that is what I want to avoid)

I have activated data encryption only in the testing environment and then refresh my development environment but the result is the same as above.

I want to avoid having to set up the data encryption key every time I do a refresh of the data from testing or production (which we do once a week).

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:24 PM