CLone of crm 2011 server and database server RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all;

i have clone my mscrm 2011 server and the database server to new database and crm server all server are on the same domain

but i am unable to access crm through the new server address i can access it with the server name from which we clone it how we can link clone crm to new address and database

Friday, November 22, 2013 12:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you verify the server address in Deployment Manager tool which contains the server URL. Since you cloned the server then the old server address will still be there in the Deployment Manager. You can update it to the new server address.

I hope this should resolve your issue.

Anubhav Bajpai

Friday, November 22, 2013 12:25 PM
  • and what about the database address can i change it in deployement manager

Friday, November 22, 2013 1:05 PM
  • You could disable CRM Organization using deployment manager and then try to edit the Organization and change the database server name while editing Organization wizard.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

Friday, November 22, 2013 1:43 PM
  • Hi anubhav ;

yes i can see the old server address on the cloned but i have shut down the previous servers so now i can not open the deployment manager on the new server why i need to turn on the old servers and then change there i hope it will not chnage to anything on the developement servers(old server i meant)

Friday, November 22, 2013 1:53 PM