none
Visual Studio Performance Profile broke IIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Local pc with IIS and Visual studio 2015. My asp.net c# 4.5 web application is using local IIS. Everything was working fine before I started using performance profiler from VS. The profiler was never able to start the web application. Now, my apps (more than one) are no longer working, even if I try running them outside VS. I have another application that is using IIS express and that one is working.

I have this error at runtime:

CS0016: Could not write to output file 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\...

Nothing was changed on my pc. I tried a few things found on the web about cleaning or changing permissions on the temp folder but without any success.

What do I need to do to make IIS (don't want to use iis express for all applications) work again and also the profiler?

thanks

Monday, May 8, 2017 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Thanks your post.

Your issue is more related IIS, and the support engineer has confirmed it. And please post your issue at the below forum with the error message you got:

https://forums.iis.net/

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 8:16 AM