none
Problem with MCT Enrollment Tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

I am MCPD and I am going to be a trainer soon at a MS Partner. So I need to start the proccess to become MCT. But I have a problem with the stage 5 of the MCT Enrollment Tool. Let me explain:

1. I select the employment type, which is Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (Microsoft CPLS)
    2. I type the Partner ID, which was given by the CPLS (6 digits)
    3. I type the online signature, which should be my name :-)
    4. Then I press next

Right after that, on the next screen, I get the following error message:

You have entered an invalid Partner ID. Please check with your CPLS manager and ensure that you are using the correct Partner ID. Organization IDs introduced in November 2005 are not accepted by this application.

And the CPLS assures me its Partner ID is correct.

Some points which might be important:

• My MS Certifications were taken in Czech Republic and I am currently in Brazil trying to enroll for the MCT. I don't know if that would "help" to cause this problem
    • All my contact info are updated with my new location (Brazil), but the payment info is Czech Republic since my credit card is from there :-)
    • The Partner ID field at the MCT Enrollment Tool has space for 9 digits, which makes me a bit unsure about the Partner ID which was given to me (again, the CPLS says it's correct).
    • I've contacted the technical support but the only thing they were able to do was to escalate. No feedback since then. Not even the classic "We are still working on your problem"

Does anyone know why or how to solve this? Or, at least, who should I contact?

Davidson Sousa MCTS
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:09 PM

Answers

• Renato,

Take a look into the source code of the MS Enrollment Tool when you are in the page where you have to put your signature. It might happen that one of the hidden fields have the wrong data. In my case the hidden field related with country was populated with "CZE", which is the country code of Czech Republic (place where I made the certifications), instead of "BRA" (where I live now). This was happening despite all changes in the address I made.

Apparently the tool was checking my country (through the hidden field) against the CPLS's country and generating the error.

Give this information to the support. The MS Enrollment Tool, in my case, was getting the address from somewhere else. This info might help them to get to your problem faster.

Davidson Sousa http://davidsonsousa.net

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 1:00 PM

All replies

• This can only be solved by contactig your local Microsoft Regional Service Center http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/service-asia-pacific.aspx
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:09 AM
  • I've contacted the Regional Service (Brazil) before writting here, but they weren't so helpful. But yesterday I've tried to e-mail MS LATAM and they told me that some people were complaining about the same thing, which basically means that the Enrollment Tool has some problems these days.

So, the only thing I can do is to wait...

Friday, January 27, 2012 1:32 PM
  • Hi

Any news regarding this,i have the same problem.

Should i wait some days?

Renato Kurti CCNA,CCNP Security,CCAI,MCP,MCTS,MCITP:EA

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 10:00 AM
  • I used the MCT Enrollment Tool on Monday to renew my MCT status and it worked quite fine.

If you continue to have problems, please contact your local Microsoft Regional Service Center http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/service-asia-pacific.aspx

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 10:15 AM
  • Renato,

Take a look into the source code of the MS Enrollment Tool when you are in the page where you have to put your signature. It might happen that one of the hidden fields have the wrong data. In my case the hidden field related with country was populated with "CZE", which is the country code of Czech Republic (place where I made the certifications), instead of "BRA" (where I live now). This was happening despite all changes in the address I made.

Apparently the tool was checking my country (through the hidden field) against the CPLS's country and generating the error.

Give this information to the support. The MS Enrollment Tool, in my case, was getting the address from somewhere else. This info might help them to get to your problem faster.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 1:00 PM
  • Hello guys,

I am MCPD and I am going to be a trainer soon at a MS Partner. So I need to start the proccess to become MCT. But I have a problem with the stage 5 of the MCT Enrollment Tool. Let me explain:

1. I select the employment type, which is Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (Microsoft CPLS)
    2. I type the Partner ID, which was given by the CPLS (6 digits)
    3. I type the online signature, which should be my name :-)
    4. Then I press next

Right after that, on the next screen, I get the following error message:

You have entered an invalid Partner ID. Please check with your CPLS manager and ensure that you are using the correct Partner ID. Organization IDs introduced in November 2005 are not accepted by this application.

And the CPLS assures me its Partner ID is correct.

Some points which might be important:

• My MS Certifications were taken in Czech Republic and I am currently in Brazil trying to enroll for the MCT. I don't know if that would "help" to cause this problem
    • All my contact info are updated with my new location (Brazil), but the payment info is Czech Republic since my credit card is from there :-)
    • The Partner ID field at the MCT Enrollment Tool has space for 9 digits, which makes me a bit unsure about the Partner ID which was given to me (again, the CPLS says it's correct).
    • I've contacted the technical support but the only thing they were able to do was to escalate. No feedback since then. Not even the classic "We are still working on your problem"

Does anyone know why or how to solve this? Or, at least, who should I contact?

Davidson Sousa MCTS

Hello All I have faced the same Issue showing the CPLS id worng dont know why.

Arun

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 7:30 PM
  • Davidson

You may be right

i have diferent country code,wheb i check the source 

did you solve this problem yet?

Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:05 AM
  • Davidson

You may be right

If you are in hurry you can try to edit the wrong country code using that tool which comes with IE9 (pressing F12) with the page where we have to type the CPLS ID. Once you edit, correcting to the proper country code, just keep going normally. That might work.

Davidson Sousa

Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:50 AM
  • Davidson

You may be right

If you are in hurry you can try to edit the wrong country code using that tool which comes with IE9 (pressing F12) with the page where we have to type the CPLS ID. Once you edit, correcting to the proper country code, just keep going normally. That might work.

Davidson Sousa

You cant do that
    Microsoft help told me i have to update my shiping info but that was not configured,i change that also but same result,

i have the same broblem as you,cpls country is diferent from my certification country.

i mail them back,with a screenshoot,lets wait they answer now.

Thursday, March 8, 2012 2:38 PM
  • Finally i did it :)

Or lets say Microsoft Suppot did it,they manually change some settings,as writen theyr response and i enroll for MCT

Thursday, March 8, 2012 4:15 PM