Successfull Implementation using ADO.NET Synchronization Services RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear All,

It's a wonderfull experience working with ADO.NET Synch services. This forum really helped me to finish my task. The application that I designed and developed has been accepted by the Client operating in Retail Sector.

Having said that convincing this new technology to the client was not easy job. In my team several people were skeptical whenever I received a bug from the pilot.

The project will solve my client's merchandising. Currently there are atleast 100 buyers throughout UK buying products for my client. They do not know the current sales figures for every item they are selling. As  a result of this the buyers  used to call everyday back to HQ and collect the sales figures and based on that day performance they will decide which item to buy. This process delayed at least 12 hours.

Now they can get the sales figures at any time they want. The data downloaded is also minimal. Using ADO.NET Synch services it also reduced the development time. Now we are using SQL Server 2005. Once properly released SQL Server 2008 will be much more usefull.

Thank you once again

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 7:35 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:20 AM

All replies