Qualifying lead without creating opportunity in CRM 2013 online RRS feed

• Question

• In CRM older versions (2011)there used to be an  option for qualifying a lead without creating an opportunity, Is it withdrawn in 2013? And also is there any other way to qualify a lead without creating an opportunity.
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:32 AM

All replies

• It isn't as simple as a setting unfortunately. One option might be to customize the ribbon and run your own JavaScript command to that executes the SOAP call to Qualify the Lead (opting not to create the Opportunity). Another way involves flagging the newly created Opportunity and running a workflow to delete it. This blog post outlines: Processing opportunities created after qualifying leads on the new User Experience forms in Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:47 PM
  • Thanks Jason.  I still have doubt though, our organization requirement is to Qualify a lead but not to create an opportunity. later when owner of the lead thinks there will be an opportunity out of that lead he will move that lead to opportunity(convert that lead). Here problem is once the lead is qualified it becomes read-only further we can't update it.. if I had button on ribbon to create an opportunity on click .. it should change some filed(something similar to status) value in the lead so that i can differentiate  A qualified lead with an opportunity from qualified lead without an opportunity.  

Friday, February 14, 2014 9:19 AM