none
technet forum settings - changing the notification email address RRS feed

• Question

• If this is the wrong place to ask please direct me to a better place before removing the message.  Is it possible to change or add a CC to the the notification address for my profile?  My Hotmail acct. gets too much spam so I'd like to get notifications about Technet forum responses sent to another email acct. 
    Monday, July 20, 2009 6:23 PM

All replies

• hi itismike,

you can easily do this, by clicking on my alerts, then below the "Ask Question" and below "My Alert" on the left side, you follow the "Configure Alerts" Link.
    Mark the thread as answered if the answer helps you. This helps others who have the same problem !
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:07 AM
  • Thanks for the response Heslacher.  I found the link you suggested, but I cannot locate any way to change the address my alerts are sent to.  I clicked "Your Alerts" > Technet > "Edit Delivery" > "Edit your e-mail settings", but then it just takes me to the Windows Live "Registered Information" page.  Any advice appreciated!
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 11:27 AM
  • Hi again,

sorry, i only checked for the configuration  and have seen the "Edit your e-mail settings" but didn`t do this. Sorry that i couldn`t help you.
    Mark the thread as answered if the answer helps you. This helps others who have the same problem !
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 11:34 AM
  • bump
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:40 PM
  • I know this is possible because I spoke to a Dell engineer who had it done for him. Is there anyone who can help me with this?  The spam filter in Hotmail is awfully unreliable and I find most technet responses in the junk folder.  I'm really not interested in creating a filter specifically for this because technet is the ONLY reason I still have my hotmail account, and I would rather let it expire once I redirect my notifications to my primary email account.
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:57 AM