CRM Outlook plugin causing duplicate appointments and tasks. RRS feed

• Question

• I have an instalation of crm 4.0 with rollup 9 on both server and client, they are using office 2007.

As part of the sync random taskes, appointments, are being duplicated multiple times, upto 10 copies of the same appointment each time the sync is performed, similar duplication of the taskes. This doesnt happen for all the users with the organisation, just 2 of 12.

We have remove the plugin, outlook, office and then re-installed, the problem returned the following day after the reinstall.

This issue was occuring prior to the rollup 9.

Any help would be gratefully received.

cheers

Jamie

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:04 PM

Answers

• Try installing Update Rollup 10 and see if that corrects the issue.  Depending on the environment, the resolution might be different.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, May 3, 2010 6:47 PM
    Friday, April 30, 2010 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Jamie,

We're having a similar problem -- I don't have a solution yet, but am digging into why it's happening.  3 of our users have appointments that are self-replicating.  All 3 have delegates in Outlook with full access to their calendars, and it appears that the appointments only duplicate themselves if the appointment was scheduled by a delegate.  Is that the same case for your 2 users this is happening to? 

If I get any answers/solutions, I'll let you know.

-Melissa

• Proposed as answer by Metisc Friday, April 2, 2010 1:47 AM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:17 PM
  • I can confirm that on the one DEV machine we saw the same issue. It looks that it's related to the UR9.

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:42 PM
  • We have seen similar double up behaviour when CRM is moved to a new Server (new organization imported), the outlook client didn't recognise the previously synchronized appointments/tasks and created copies. But in Jamies case this is not the problem.

Regards Graham Hill Metisc
    Friday, April 2, 2010 2:10 AM
  • Hi Jamie,

Have you found a solution for the issue?

Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 7:58 PM
  • G'Day Donna,

Unfortunately at the moment the issue is still driving me mad.

I have a exchange expert who is going to review the outlook items to hopefully explain if there are anything strange in the items, but that will not happen until next monday at the earliest.

Have you made any progress.?.

cheers

Jamie

Thursday, April 8, 2010 4:05 AM
  • Do the two users who are experiencing the issue have delegates?

Regards, Donna

Monday, April 12, 2010 2:43 PM
  • Hi everyone

I have a customer who's experiencing the same issue, has anyone come across a resolution yet or escalated it to MS?

Regards

Mike

Thursday, April 29, 2010 12:11 PM
  • Try installing Update Rollup 10 and see if that corrects the issue.  Depending on the environment, the resolution might be different.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, May 3, 2010 6:47 PM
    Friday, April 30, 2010 3:12 PM
  • G'Day Donna,

thanks for all your suggestions and followup. I havent tried roll 10 as did not receive notification it was available.

I have spoke witht he client, and apparently their network support has made some changes and the problem has been resolved. I have called their network support, and awaiting a call back with how they resolved it. Once I know will add network support solution to this questions.

Again, thank you for all your help.

cheers

Jamie

Monday, May 3, 2010 2:41 AM
  • You're welcome, look forward to reading the solution for your install.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010 3:10 PM