A question about dell oem office XP Professional RRS feed

• Question

• I found a copy of new sealed office xp professional in my closet.
    It's dell oem. I never actually install it. Is it legal to sell this software?
    Or only dell can sell this software? I can't find the rule in microsoft website
    therefore I think I should ask here.

many thanks
    Saturday, May 19, 2007 3:48 AM

Answers

• A Dell OEM licensed software can only be sold if you also sell the Dell computer it originally came with.
    Monday, May 21, 2007 3:43 AM

All replies

• no one knows in a Microsoft forum? That's very strange.
    Sunday, May 20, 2007 4:27 AM
  • A Dell OEM licensed software can only be sold if you also sell the Dell computer it originally came with.
    Monday, May 21, 2007 3:43 AM
  • thanks a lot for the clarification. Would you mind to point a link in Microsoft website about it?
    I just can't find it. I only find something like an OEM copy has to bind with the original computer it's installed. Since this dell oem office software didn't install on any computer yet, can't it sell, install and bind with the first computer it's installed?

Appreciate for your help.
    Monday, May 21, 2007 1:51 PM
  • Zld4482,

The MS Office Dell OEM CDs you have are for a copy of Office that came on a Dell.  They belong with the Dell they came with.

Monday, May 21, 2007 5:05 PM
  • Dan,
    The office does not pre-installed in my dell laptop. But the office CD comes with it when I purchased the laptop. So Even it's not being installed on my laptop yet. The only place I can install it is my dell laptop, right? Currently I have an old retail version of office 2000 installed on my dell laptop. In most of the time I just use word. So I think I can only install a new copy of office xp pro on my laptop and install the retail office 2000 to some other computers?

thanks
    Monday, May 21, 2007 11:30 PM
  • No.  You can only install A Dell OEM software package on a Dell computer.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 1:58 AM