WHS Beta2 Console Computer removal RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone know to remove a computer name from the console?  Have seven computers hooked up, but on back-ups have network lockout (Yes even on 1Gb). Therefore decided to diconnect several computers, but can not delete the computer names from the console. Now have annoying traffic light pop-ups on connected computers stating that the network is unsafe.
    The console displays the remove computers 'Greyed out'

HELP!!!
    Monday, March 26, 2007 8:43 AM

Answers

• There's no official, supported way to do this in Beta 2, but there is a tool written by another beta tester that will allow you to. I have not used it, and make no guarantees that your entire WHS won't vanish in a puff of smoke.
    Monday, March 26, 2007 11:20 AM

All replies

• There's no official, supported way to do this in Beta 2, but there is a tool written by another beta tester that will allow you to. I have not used it, and make no guarantees that your entire WHS won't vanish in a puff of smoke.
    Monday, March 26, 2007 11:20 AM
  • The tool works good for removing entrys from the console but the data was still on the server and yellow warning icon was still there on all other computers on the network.  I followed the instructions for reg editing from this thread.

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=261462

Remember to backup your registry before editing.  Worked great for me.  All icons now back to green and I have the space on the hd back.  What had the greatest impact was step 2.

Monday, March 26, 2007 12:09 PM
  • Thanks for pointing this Connect post out.  I'll be modifying the utility to include removing the orphaned files, as well.

Regards,

Doug

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 3:08 AM