none
WHS starts up but does not connect to router RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo running WHS and a Zyxel P2602-HWT F3 broadband router in addition to 4 clients all running either W7 or W7 64 bit. It has worked flawlessy for close to a year. When I started the server (Physically) yesterday nothing happend. That is the server fired up and was connected to the router, but it is not recognized on the router and I cannot ping it. The light indicating that it is running is blinking. According to the scaleo manual, this means that is booting. It seems as though it is unable to complete the boot process properly.

As there is no interface for an external screen on the server, I cannot see where in the boot process things go wrong or what goes wrong.

Is it a software problem? The server has been set up to Update WHS automatically (automatic update), but I dont know which version Im on right now.

Could it be a HW problem? All other clients work flawlessy, and I hvae not been able detect any problems with the router.

Anyone..?

Friday, May 28, 2010 10:54 AM

All replies

• It could be either hardware or software. Probably the first thing to try is a server recovery, using the procedure outlined in your manual. (Be careful not to select factory reset; that will wipe all your disks.) A server recovery should take care of a potential failed Windows Update patch or something (which does happen from time to time).

If a server recovery doesn't work, then hardware is the likely culprit. In that case, this FAQ will help you in recovering the data from your server to migrate it to a new server.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, May 28, 2010 11:55 AM