What happened to my computer MS Money 2000 worked great SINCE 2000 suddently yesterday, , i GOT A MESSAGE that is suddenly is not compatibe - it was compatible yesterday and sefore tha tsince 2000 RRS feed

• Question

•  I've been running Money 2000 since 2000 - now TODAY it tells me the program is not compatible with my PCs and I have to purchase an upgrade - 
    1. Why Should I have to buy an upgrade?
    2. It worked fine since 2000, used it last night - no problem - what I want to know is what did Microsoft do to my computer that made it suddenly not compatible? 
    I FEEL LIKE MICROSOFT IS EXTORTING money from me by making my computer suddenly require an upgrade I have to pay for!
    This is not the 1st program they did this to - have to find out if I can go back to Windows 7
    Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:14 PM

All replies

• Any program that does not use only the very basic features of Windows, or any other operating system, will eventually stop working as the operating system is updated and upgraded. When that happens, either remain with the old operating system or change to a newer, compatible program. However, there is no reason to think Money 2000 is now incompatible with any version of Windows.

First, uninstall, reboot then reinstall Money 2000.

You can upgrade, free, to the latest appropriate regional version of Money: see the second post in this forum.

Whatever Microsoft updates - if any - were installed since the last time you successfully ran Money 2000 will be in your update history and can be rolled back.
    Updates might also be from your system supplier or security suite.

Note that one possibility is that your Windows installation has been corrupted somehow.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 2:46 PM
  • I don't know why you are having the problem, but rest assured that you cannot buy an upgrade. Try what DomincP suggests.

Maybe try just rebooting the computer first.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 7:46 PM