Users cannot setup Live Meetings by Invite RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Various users including myself have Live Meeting 2007 R2 installed which is used with OCS Standard 2007 R2 Infrastructure. The application is working okay and I can send invites to others for a meeting, but other users cannot, the option to send via email is grey.

I've setup Global Policy as Policy 1 (high) which enables everything from what I can see so any ideas why users cannot effectively create their own meetings and invite others?
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 10:06 AM

Answers

• Seems to of resolved itself, maybe user error as my test account could complete the task no problem and that's just an account with domain user permissions, nowt else.
    Saturday, October 3, 2009 9:17 AM

All replies

• Specifically what is greyed-out, an option on the Communicator client to Meet Now, or an option on the Outlook conferencing Plug-in to schedule a meeting?  Or something else?

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 12:56 PM
  • Not sure on communicator to be honest, will need to install it on my test VM guest. Within Live Meeting, there's "Attendees", then "Invite", then "By E-mail" - it's this bit that is grey but not when using my account (I have various permissions within OCS server RTC groups etc).
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 1:37 PM
  • Does that test workstation also have Outlook installed and configured for the user's mailbox?
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:05 PM
  • Well, the colleague that reported the problem does have Outlook setup and using his own account. My test account/Guest VM doesn't have but I'll install Outlook along with Communicator now to see if that makes a difference.
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 3:06 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

Okay, done some more digging here and found the following:

My test OCS account, z_OCSTest, with Outlook email setup etc works perfectly fine and has the option to "Meet Now" when you open up Live Meeting 2007 R2 client. The user which has the issue has Outlook email setup the same but when using Live Meeting, just has "Join a scheduled meeting using the required information" and a meeting ID, etc - the Meet Now large button above is missing!

The policy for meetings is everything allowed and at global level so bit confused by this....

Is there a permission each user requires somewhere other than global policy?
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:50 AM
  • Seems to of resolved itself, maybe user error as my test account could complete the task no problem and that's just an account with domain user permissions, nowt else.
    Saturday, October 3, 2009 9:17 AM