WHS PP3 beta kills local remote RRS feed

• General discussion

• As a final desperate measure to try and get web side remote going for WHS (pooched for over a week since the last batch of updates)

I installed PP3 beta in a vain hope that it may have something to help with this problem that a LOT of people are reporting.

Alas no joy it instead killed LOCAL remote access.

OK so remove it and things will at least return to normal for local remote...NOPE still pooched with wrong connector version messages.

OK remove the last few updates and see if that will help.. NOPE...

At the moment I don't have any form of remote access to WHS.

Many other threads that report this are locked as "resolved". even though when reading the post it is 100% clear that the issue is not resolved in any manner.

Oh and if Lara happens across this post I would be pleased to know how one of my prev replies was marked by you as abusive when it is clearly NOT.
    You are a MOD and to use those powers to make a sly remark then lock it from me is an abuse of the privilege given to you.

Warren Please refrain from locking down and marking as resolved issues that are not fixed.
    Do unto others before they get chance to screw you !
    Monday, November 23, 2009 4:17 AM

All replies

• As a final desperate measure to try and get web side remote going for WHS (pooched for over a week since the last batch of updates)

I installed PP3 beta in a vain hope that it may have something to help with this problem that a LOT of people are reporting.

Alas no joy it instead killed LOCAL remote access.

OK so remove it and things will at least return to normal for local remote...NOPE still pooched with wrong connector version messages.

OK remove the last few updates and see if that will help.. NOPE...

At the moment I don't have any form of remote access to WHS.

Many other threads that report this are locked as "resolved". even though when reading the post it is 100% clear that the issue is not resolved in any manner.

No threads are ever "locked" unless A) there are not related to WHS or B) they were marked as answered long ago, then someone else posted a non-relevent comment (when they should have started their own thread).

Oh and if Lara happens across this post I would be pleased to know how one of my prev replies was marked by you as abusive when it is clearly NOT.

That was not why she marked 2 of your posts as abusive (go back and look at the reason why).

You are a MOD and to use those powers to make a sly remark then lock it from me is an abuse of the privilege given to you.

She didn't abuse anything.

Warren Please refrain from locking down and marking as resolved issues that are not fixed.
    Do unto others before they get chance to screw you !
    The only time Ken (or any other mod for that matter) marks a technical problem as answered is if the problem for the OP was fixed.  If another user has a similar problem, he should start his own thread.
    Monday, November 23, 2009 6:33 AM
  • Some people seem to find your .sig offensive, so several of your posts were reported as abusive. I believe you can see this information, as the person whose post was reported. Personally, your .sig falls short of offensive, it's kind of "nice try, but no cigar" for me. Your screen name is a little closer, but still no dice...

Locking: an old thread which is "necro posted" (i.e. nobody has touched it for months, then someone new comes along and posts) may be locked. (Personally, I think threads ought to lock themselves after a period of inactivity, as I don't want to be bothered most of the time and so ignore it...) A post on a topic obviously unrelated to Windows Home Server will also get locked, normally with a quick pointer to a better forum for the question. "How do I do X in <name your OS>?" is a perennial favorite. :P A thread where forum users are arguing about, or sometimes discussing in depth, technologies or techniques that are unsupported may be locked. Arguments more often than polite discussions, obviously... A post that says "Hey, this is suddenly broke" where this is something outside of Windows Home Server is likely to draw a raft of "Me too!" posts, and might get locked with a pointer to a FAQ, announcement, or sticky. Those are my basic criteria, other moderators may have a different methodology. And yes, I apply them somewhat unevenly. There are judgement calls implicit in several of the categories I mentioned, and I don't always make the same decision about similar situations (though I try). So sue me. :)

Answered: Any thread where the OP marked a specific post as an answer is answered, or if the OP's question has obviously been answered a moderator will usually mark it as answered. The criterion is not that a follow-on question from someone else with a similar issue be answered. This is pretty global.

Now, as for the issue you're having: Can you please state clearly and succinctly what the problem is? Include information that may be relevant, such as basic network configuration, what kind of server you have, whether you've installed any add-ins (and which ones), whether you've uninstalled any add-ins (and which ones), whether you've installed anything in a remote desktop session with your server or using physically connected keyboard, video, and mouse, etc. We want to help, but your post above has nothing we can work with.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, November 23, 2009 3:03 PM