please help me - wireless security enabled RRS feed

• Question

• hello can you please help me, with my netgear router before my father updated the computer the router was running fine. Today when i went on my playstation 3 it wasnt workin so i went to the network settings and tried it and itr said OneCare_2588 and wep. i was mad and confused also so i went to my computer and i shut it off and i went back up and it was still the same. so i just want to know how could i take the router out the system and put it back in like it was the first time i did it please help me. =(         

This is my email Bubbleturbo@live.com please help me and thank you for your help. =) 

Friday, February 27, 2009 2:04 AM

Answers

• The reason that your router is showing that security, is because someone used OneCare on one of the network PCs to secure the router. On that PC, open OneCare, change settings, Firewall, Advanced Settigs, Network Connections, Details. Your network key needed for other devices will be shown.
    Alternatively, you can reset your router. You probably have a button on the router that will reset it when depressed for several seconds. Refer to the router instructions for how to do this and also how to manually set up security for your connection.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, March 2, 2009 8:04 PM