Exporting Customizations in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am new to CRM 2011 and wanted to know if there is a way to export all of your customizations for one online instance (prod) and import them into another online instance (test) without having to create everything twice?  I dont need the contacts, leads and data just the form, fields and java script functions. 

Is there a painless way to accomplish this?

Thank you

Saturday, September 24, 2011 7:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes you can export default system customizations solution (contains all customizations including New Entities, JScripts etc..) from one CRM online instance (prod) and then import it into another online instance (test), follow the steps to export default customization solution:

1. In CRM Prod instance go to Settings->Customization->Cusotmizations->Customize the System, it will open Default Solution window

2. Click on Export Solution button, export configuration and solution

3. In CRM Test instance go to Settings->Customization->Solutions->Import  , import the Default solution which we have exported in step 1 , after import Publish All Customizations

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by eitpapps Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:40 PM
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes you can export default system customizations solution (contains all customizations including New Entities, JScripts etc..) from one CRM online instance (prod) and then import it into another online instance (test), follow the steps to export default customization solution:

1. In CRM Prod instance go to Settings->Customization->Cusotmizations->Customize the System, it will open Default Solution window

2. Click on Export Solution button, export configuration and solution

3. In CRM Test instance go to Settings->Customization->Solutions->Import  , import the Default solution which we have exported in step 1 , after import Publish All Customizations

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by eitpapps Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:40 PM
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:01 PM
  • Thanks - I was doing that actually but I wasnt giving the system time to display the file to save! Thanks for your help!
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:41 PM