Vista RC1 was genuine now isnt RRS feed

• Question

• Alright ive been testing the Vista RC1 (5600) for a couple months now and recently was able to get hold of drivers for my network card. I then was required to validate that my copy of Vista was genuine. So i clicked the link taking me to the validation page. When i clicked validate it went through fine and gave me the thankyou message saying that my copy was genuine. Then today when i restarted I look in the bottom right corner and lone behold there was a third line of text where there use to be 2, it says:

Windows Vista (TM) RC1

Evaluation copy. Build 5600

This copy of Windows is not genuine

I dont understand, the website said it was genuine, the system dialog says its genuine, I have a real product key, but it still says that it isnt genuine. Ive checked other threads but none of them have helped so can someone please help me.

Also I would like to note that non-genuine windows should NOT be able to access windows update but I can access it perfectly fine.

Thank you,

Zack

-------------------------

Aero is SWEET

Sunday, March 4, 2007 6:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Zack,

If all you have left of the non-genuine experience is the message in the lower-right corner of your desktop, you can get rid of it by logging out and back in or by rebooting.  If that doesn't get rid of it, I'd suggest updating to an RTM version.  We don't actually support the RC's anymore and you're probably just encountering a problem that was fixed for the RTM version.

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 6:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Zack,

If all you have left of the non-genuine experience is the message in the lower-right corner of your desktop, you can get rid of it by logging out and back in or by rebooting.  If that doesn't get rid of it, I'd suggest updating to an RTM version.  We don't actually support the RC's anymore and you're probably just encountering a problem that was fixed for the RTM version.

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 6:11 PM
  • Thanks,

i forgot about the no support thing anymore, have to kinda save up money right now due to some issues so im using this until I get it all saved. I did the log out and reboot and it was there, then wasnt, then was, so i know its just a bug now. Thanks anyways. Great job on Vista. Hope we dont have to wait another 3 or 4 years for the next OS, lol.

Zack

----------------------------------------

OMG my windows are in 3D

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 11:15 PM