Workflow for sharing records RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I need to create a workflow or a plug-in that should be triggered when a record is shared and where i will get some related recordss and share them to the same user or team and with the same permissions. How can i achieve this?
    Thanks in advance
    Friday, October 16, 2009 7:30 AM

Answers

• Hi, Sabine.

Base Code of such plugin:

using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Text;
    using Microsoft.Crm.Sdk;

namespace TestPlugin
    {
    	public class SharingPlugin : IPlugin
    	{
    		#region IPlugin Members

public void Execute(IPluginExecutionContext context)
    		{
    			if (context.MessageName == MessageName.GrantAccess)
    			{
    				Guid entityId = ((Moniker)context.InputParameters["Target"]).Id;//identifier of shared record
    				string entityTypeName = ((Moniker)context.InputParameters["Target"]).Name;//entity type code of chared record - contact, account, e.t.c
    				AccessRights rights = (((PrincipalAccess)context.InputParameters["PrincipalAccess"])).AccessMask;//What rights are given to user or team
    				Guid accessingEntityId = (((PrincipalAccess)context.InputParameters["PrincipalAccess"])).Principal.PrincipalId;//identitifier of user or team who record is shared to
    				SecurityPrincipalType principalType = (((PrincipalAccess)context.InputParameters["PrincipalAccess"])).Principal.Type;//type of entity record is shared to - systemuser of team

}

}

#endregion IPlugin Members
    	}
    }

I hope this will help you.
    Truth is opened the prepared mind My blog - http://a33ik.blogspot.com
    Friday, October 16, 2009 9:17 AM

All replies

• Hi, Sabine.

You can do it with plugin. Your plugin have to handle GrantAccess and ModifyAccess messages. Check full list of supported messages for plugins.
    • Proposed as answer by Laurentiu Dan Friday, October 16, 2009 8:01 AM
    Friday, October 16, 2009 7:33 AM
  • Hi,
    Can i have a sample code on which i can depend? And i also need to have a clear idea on how it's triggered and how parameters will be sent...
    I am dealing with custom entities.
    I'm new to plug-ins.
    Thanks
    • Edited by ms_crm Friday, October 16, 2009 8:57 AM details
    Friday, October 16, 2009 8:51 AM
  • Hi, Sabine.

Base Code of such plugin:

using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Text;
    using Microsoft.Crm.Sdk;

namespace TestPlugin
    {
    	public class SharingPlugin : IPlugin
    	{
    		#region IPlugin Members

public void Execute(IPluginExecutionContext context)
    		{
    			if (context.MessageName == MessageName.GrantAccess)
    			{
    				Guid entityId = ((Moniker)context.InputParameters["Target"]).Id;//identifier of shared record
    				string entityTypeName = ((Moniker)context.InputParameters["Target"]).Name;//entity type code of chared record - contact, account, e.t.c
    				AccessRights rights = (((PrincipalAccess)context.InputParameters["PrincipalAccess"])).AccessMask;//What rights are given to user or team
    				Guid accessingEntityId = (((PrincipalAccess)context.InputParameters["PrincipalAccess"])).Principal.PrincipalId;//identitifier of user or team who record is shared to
    				SecurityPrincipalType principalType = (((PrincipalAccess)context.InputParameters["PrincipalAccess"])).Principal.Type;//type of entity record is shared to - systemuser of team

}

}

#endregion IPlugin Members
    	}
    }

I hope this will help you.
    Friday, October 16, 2009 9:17 AM