none
Cannot post images to Wordpress 2.8

Question

• I have recently upgraded to Wordpress 2.8 and since then I am not able to publish posts with images in them. I get an error dialog which says:
    "The response to the metaWeblog.newMediaObject method received from the blog server was invalid:

Invalid response document returned from XmlRpc server"

Can someone suggest a workaround. This has been a complete show stopper for me. This used to work in WP 2.7

http://blog.pixelingene.com MVP - Client App Dev
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:26 PM

All replies

• The upgrade probably didn't go smooth and now there are probably errors/warnings printing out in the XML-RPC stream.  You should be able to look in the log file (Help | About | Show Log File) and see what the server is returning to Writer.  This will likely give you a hint.  If you can't find any leads, email your log file to wlw-team@microsoft.com
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:16 AM
  • No, it has nothing to do with WordPress 2.8, or how smoothly; people have been having this problem intermittently with Windows Live Writer and WordPress for months now. Try Googling, I mean Binging, this issue and you'll see. I just started having it intermittently a few weeks ago with WP 2.7, and it popped up again with WP 2.8 just now. By changing all my PNG images to JPG, I can get around it, but that's a pain.
    Friday, June 26, 2009 4:31 AM
  • @leszekmp

There are countless number of reasons that can cause this error to show up; which is why it is so easy to find so many occurrences of the problem on the internet.  And in the case of the original poster, it sounded like it was because of the upgrade that caused the problem.  And in fact earlier today a customer reported the same problem it was because their server permissions got reset during an upgrade to WP 2.8 which caused all image uploads to fail.

I realize that is not the reason everyone has this problem.

And it indeed sounds like you are having a different issue.  I will gladly take a look at your log file to help diagnosis the problem if you send it to wlw-team@microsoft.com

-Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Friday, June 26, 2009 8:33 AM