Sorting of contacts RRS feed

• General discussion

• I would prefer that the contacts are sorted only alphabetical order. It seems that OC sorts first by availability and then in alphabetical order.

And the option Sort by availability really doesn't make sense. It should perhaps be called Group by availability because that's what it really does.

Regards,

Nóri

Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:56 PM

All replies

• More great feedback I will pass along to the product group. Thanks!
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:38 PM
  • I would like to second this request.  That is how MOC 2005 worked and it was perfect.  Having all the "Away" contacts be separated from the Available contacts makes things much more difficult and confusing when trying to see who is in the office.

Mike

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 9:12 PM
  •  Nóri wrote:

I would prefer that the contacts are sorted only alphabetical order. It seems that OC sorts first by availability and then in alphabetical order.

I'm not quite sure I follow this description, but in our implementation all contacts are sorted alphabetically within each defined group regardless of availilbity status.  Only "Away" status is different but those contacts obviously are automactially pulled out and dropped into the built-in "Away" group.

I do second the request for a configurable Away group behaivor, as well as a way to save group order.  I have 4 or 5 groups that constant swap places in a seemingly random order under Contact List view.

Saturday, October 27, 2007 10:20 PM
  •  

Please please please bring back "alphabetically-only" sorting.  It is a huge pain to have people split up according to Availability (which includes 'Busy' for some reason) and separate Away.  If other companies are like my company, everyone is on 'Away' and still sitting at their desks!!

Monday, September 8, 2008 6:27 PM