none
TFS: How other user get my newly added and checked in file in tfs RRS feed

• Question

• sorry i am posting a TFS question here. my question is very small. suppose i added a new winform to my project and checked in that. please tell me how other member will get that file in their project in solution?

when other user do get latest that file from source control explorer then file is not getting added. so tell me a easy way as a result other user should be able to get my newly checked in file. thanks

Monday, March 16, 2020 2:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can you check in Source Explorer that all your changes are checked-in including the changes in the project file itself? If all the changes are there, then the other users are supposed to pick them up using get latest. If you added something new, you may want to make sure that the file was indeed added (double check in Source Explorer) and also this change should be reflected in the project files itself, so you may double check view history for the project.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, March 16, 2020 2:57 PM
  • Hi Sudip_inn,
    The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools, it does not involve Azure DevOps. I will move it to "where is the forum for" form and people in this forum will move the case to the correct forum.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 7:07 AM
  • Hello,

you could ask here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/tfs

Regards, Guido

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 8:24 AM
  • You can also ask here, Azure DevOps Server (TFS):

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/22/index.html

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:32 PM