E-mail router configuration error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have CRM 4.0 with the latest Rollup 9, when i'm trying to run CRM E-mail Router Configuration Manager i'm getting this error:

"

#6188 - The E-mail Router service cannot connect to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server or the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Live server to access user and queue information. Verify that the account that is used to run the E-mail Router service has sufficient permission to access the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server and that there are no connectivity problems. System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: End of Stream encountered before parsing was completed.

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Management.Configuration.Deserialize(String configurationSettingsFilePath)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Management.Configuration.LoadInstance(String configurationSettingsFilePath, Boolean highPriorityAccess)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Agent.ServiceCore.UpdateConfiguration()

"

The account which run the email router service is a domain account and has a valid email address. any help on that ?

I have the same on the Dev. environment and it works perfect.

Moustafa Arafa
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:06 PM

Answers

• Thanks, The fix for the problem is to uninstall then reinstall the Email router configuration.

Hope this helps.
    Moustafa Arafa
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 1:46 AM

All replies

• What are the settings of the profiles and deployments?

Is the domain account user a user of the CRM ? is he system administrator?
    My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com
    You will find:
    Form Javascript Manager (export/import javascript from forms)
    ISV.Config Manager (graphical ISV.config edition - export/import)
    View Layout replicator (customize one view and replicate to others)
    And others (use tool tag on my blog)
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:32 PM

• I have the CRM on one box with the backend as well, the service account is a domain account.

Is this is what you are looking for ?

Moustafa Arafa
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:17 PM
  • You can have a look at this post and ensure all your settings are correct. 
    Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    Friday, February 26, 2010 9:36 PM
  • Thanks, The fix for the problem is to uninstall then reinstall the Email router configuration.

Hope this helps.
    Moustafa Arafa
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 1:46 AM
  • This answer also helped in my case, only I needed to delete the old Service folder with for example the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.xml file
    Monday, December 19, 2011 1:54 PM