Getting Started Task 'Set Up Server Backup' Alert keeps unchecking itself. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello forum peeps,

I've had WHS 2011 up and running great on my HP-N40L server for over 6 months now but i've got an annoying problem.

The getting started task 'Set Up Server Backup' keeps unchecking itself about every 2-4 weeks.

All backup's are running fine even with it unchecked but it still displays an alert warning.

It'll set up fine every time, it just unchecks itself again a few weeks later.

edit: Windows is fully patched and up-to-date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Getting Started Task 'Set Up Server Backup' Alert

It's like it's mimicking the image to the left of the list, lol =/

Aussie_1 posted about the same problem back in 2011 but did not get a reply.

• Edited by RPG_ash Monday, April 22, 2013 6:35 PM
    Monday, April 22, 2013 6:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You mentioned you have received a warning, would you please let me know the detailed information about the warning? Since the backup could work without any issue, maybe we could ignore the uncheck error.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Monday, May 6, 2013 9:43 AM
    Friday, April 26, 2013 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You mentioned you have received a warning, would you please let me know the detailed information about the warning? Since the backup could work without any issue, maybe we could ignore the uncheck error.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Monday, May 6, 2013 9:43 AM
    Friday, April 26, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Ok, it's back and unchecked, but now it's not showing an alert in the Dashboard.

I guess i should stop worrying about it? It's just a bit annoying.

Monday, May 6, 2013 3:20 PM