How will deleting www.google.com from my Compatibility View List impact my use of Google as a search engine? RRS feed

• Question

• I use GMAIL. Recently, I have begun to receive a message when I log into my email. In short, I am advised to delete wwwgooglecom from my Compatibility View List to improve the function of my GMAIL.

My GMAIL works perfectly fine but I am curious if there would be some functional improvements if I did delete wwwgooglecome from my Compatibility View List. Since I use Google as a regular search engine, I am concerned that deleting that website from my Compatibility List will impact the search feature.

I do not use nor do I have any intention of using Google Chrome as a browser. 

Sunday, August 18, 2013 7:01 AM

Answers

• Maybe this one helps.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/181472?hl=en

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Monday, August 19, 2013 2:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, August 26, 2013 5:33 PM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 2:30 AM

All replies

• Hi AnneLee,

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum.

I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue, since this forum is to discuss Visual Basic. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 19, 2013 2:07 AM
  • Maybe this one helps.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/181472?hl=en

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Monday, August 19, 2013 2:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, August 26, 2013 5:33 PM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 2:30 AM