none
Cant post links RRS feed

• Question

• i am not able to post links or images yet, i dont think i got any confirmation mail too.. what do i do?
    Saturday, November 10, 2012 2:23 PM

Answers

• You should be able to request another verification email.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-verify-ID-email-address

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:02 PM
  • thanks for all the replies, its started working now by itself
    Monday, November 12, 2012 6:42 PM
  • i am not able to post links or images yet, i dont think i got any confirmation mail too.. what do i do?

You should be able to request another verification email.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-verify-ID-email-address

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Hi Depak.

If you are being blocked from submitting links and images, and saw an alert like this, then you are probably drumming your fingers waiting for some indication when you will be able to post them.  After all, that alert box says "verify your account" which implies you'd be informed when you gained authorization (lest you should just wait indefinitely at their whim).

I personally don't have email alerts enabled, but I doubt you will ever be informed by email that your account has been verified and you can post links+images.  You just have to try repeatedly and be rejected, until suddenly you are able.  At least, that's how it worked for me.

If I am correct in understanding your question, then you probably do not understand why the two moderators above replied in that manner which they did.  Neither do I.  I am certain they are aware of this situation about newcomers not having privilege to post links+images, and their anxiety about it.  Perhaps they have information that you will actually be informed by email, in which case, it would be helpful if they would state that.  (And I will stand corrected).

Do you (Dave and Naomi) have information to that effect?  Please share it with us.

But as of now, the only time I've ever seen anything like that confirmation-email link suggests is when I experimented with a new MS-Account (LiveID) that had an uncommon domain, per this Technet thread question.  Here's what happened when I signed-up with that email domain.  It has absolutely nothing to do with this present OP Question.

Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:42 AM
  • Well, I read several threads on this topic, I was going to suggest them, but decided that Dave's reply is OK. I think in one thread the originator indicated that he finally received the e-mail.

In any case, I think what you wrote is correct - the OP has to keep trying until he will be able to post images. This is done to prevent spammers. I think it does work, I see much less SPAM lately.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:54 AM

All replies