Last Attempt to get Power Pack 3 installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i am not sure if anyone can help me but I truly hope so.

I am trying to install Power pack 3. When i use the automatic update it says that there is nothing found. I have not tried the beta at all so no need to remove it and I am trying to work out what else i can to HP have not helped with but i need to get this to upgrade rest of families pc to windows 7.  It says i am up to Power Pack 2 and just need help if anyone can.

My Version information

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2361.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.2361.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.2361.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.2361.0

Kind regards

Thursday, May 20, 2010 7:29 PM

All replies

• You have a Beta version of Power Pack 3 installed.

To remove it, login to your server locally or via Remote Desktop, and in Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs uninstall this Beta (maybe you have to toggle the checkbox to show installed updates).

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Thursday, May 20, 2010 8:25 PM
  • Weird I never installed it.

Will check many thanks

Thursday, May 20, 2010 10:23 PM
  • Tried it said it and thought great it was downloading PP 3 but version 2 installed again with same numbers above and says it is PP 2 which is installed 
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 11:22 PM
  • Where did you download the Power Pack from? The only regular way to get the correct Power Pack is using the Windows Update button in the console. If you downloaded your package from another source, it may have been a standalone package as they have been provided for Beta testing.

Olaf

Friday, May 21, 2010 6:43 AM
  • If PP3 is not presented during auto update, there is a way to force a reinstallation.

Requires remote desktopping in, control panel, add remove programs. 

Look for Windows Search 4.0.

Uninstall it.

Reboot.

PP3 will now be reoffered.

--

"Olaf Engelke" <=?utf-8?B?T2xhZiBFbmdlbGtl?=> wrote in message news:d416d0ac-e94c-4200-8138-2535e8838bed...

Where did you download the Power Pack from? The only regular way to get the correct Power Pack is using the Windows Update button in the console. If you downloaded your package from another source, it may have been a standalone package as they have been provided for Beta testing.

Olaf

BullDawg
    Friday, May 21, 2010 9:24 AM
  • I downloaded it via windows update and it clearly said power pack 3.  l will try the above and let you know :/

Thanks for all the help so far

Friday, May 21, 2010 2:14 PM
  • Which version numbers are shown, after you have uninstalled the beta?

Olaf

Saturday, May 22, 2010 10:41 AM