Re: I have'nt got genuine Windows PC? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir/Madam,

I have recently purchased a new PC from an individual who charged me double the amount of an original Windows XP PC, but he has cheated me by giving me third-grade quality PC. I have learnt that he has applied for a microsoft certification and I think people like him should never be certified by a trusted company like Microsoft. His name is Bimalesh Kumar, New Delhi, India and I have documents to prove that he has given me this computer, but no proof that I have made payments for this, as all the payments were made in cash. I just want to request you to please make sure that either I get a genuine product from this person. I cannot drag this person to consumer forum, as he is a very dirty fellow and a very big cheat having cheated many people. I don't have enough knowledge about hardware or software and that is why I have been cheated enough. I request you to please stop his certification and take some legal action, if possible, against him. Thanking you.

Yours truly,

Amar Jani Pothala

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 6:46 AM

Answers

• I would advise you to go to a reputable dealer and see what you should be getting with any new PC but better yet, you'd be better off getting somebody you TRUST to go with you.  Somebody who knows what to look for, what to ask for and what to expect to get.  Somebody who has a good idea as to what you should get for your money and knows when you are getting a FAIR deal.  It's like buying a car, if you don't know what you are buying or how much it should cost, would you  buy a car or get somebody who is a mechanic or has the qualifications to give you usable advice on what to buy and at what price.    Any new PC should come with a Valid Windows CD disk which you will need to reinstall the Windows operating system.  Do not buy any PC without this disk !
    • Marked as answer by JeniferA Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:07 PM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 3:35 PM