Exporting quotes to a custom PDF RRS feed

• Question

• We have a duplicate process with our order forms that I'm looking to streamline. Currently, our sales team need to create order forms as a PDF for the customer to sign, and via the CRM for billing purposes. Very labour intensive and time consuming for the sales team.

I want to change this so that our Sales team can create the quote in Dynamics CRM, export it to PDF,  and use this document to send out for e-signature.

I know there is the ability to export to PDF in dynamics, but what about exporting to my own PDF template? Can I match up the fields in CRM to my template and have it populated automatically with just the e-signature and direct debit information required by the customer?

Many thanks in advance.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:46 AM

All replies

• I think what you're looking for is something like a DocuSign integration where you can create templates and pre-populate those templates with data from your forms, and have DocuSign manage the workflow of the acceptance process. An alternative if you're using on-premise would be to access the report execution service directly and render to PDF - then creating an outbound email and configuring an approval process using business process flows to track. I'd also consider storing the docs in SharePoint if you go that route.

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful. Michael Mayo

Thursday, July 2, 2015 1:01 AM