Activation from Dubai Impossible RRS feed

• Question

• Sir, Madam,

The trial period has expired and I wish to subscribe to Windowns Live One Care. But , once i log on for subscribtion i fall on a windows giving me a list of market...From here I had continue for US dolars from US but when it comes to fill up the adress the country is USA and I can't alter this one....I just can't pay even if i enter the other data....what to do? My card is from UAE...please help

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:22 AM

Answers

• You will need to seek an alternative security solution. OneCare is not available in Dubai.

In which countries and languages is Windows Live OneCare available?

The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Brazil (Portuguese), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Hong Kong (English), Ireland (English), India (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

Pasted from <http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/faq.htm>

-steve

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:39 AM

All replies

• You will need to seek an alternative security solution. OneCare is not available in Dubai.

In which countries and languages is Windows Live OneCare available?

The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Brazil (Portuguese), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Hong Kong (English), Ireland (English), India (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

Pasted from <http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/faq.htm>

-steve

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:39 AM
  •  

This is just great!!!!

Just let me wonder why? Market monopol, agreements or others....so that's it the consumer has got the choice between antivirus internet security which either insert some superb snags in the PC either slow it down to a point that it has to be completely formated. Why on earth windows live one care isn't available in UAE???? Microsoft has got an office, here in Dubai and a big one actually...I am really disappointed....Onecare is working great on my PC without troubling the perormance of my PC....

Thank you for the answer

Thursday, August 28, 2008 8:29 AM
  • I recommend contacting the Microsoft office in Dubai to ask why it isn't available, if you can. OneCare is only available in limited markets. It's my understanding that this is due partly to licensing/legal issues and also support capabilities.

-steve

Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:43 PM