Simple use of Sync Framework RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm just starting to look at the Sync framework and am seriously impressed and a bit daunted.

I'm looking to use the framework in a really simple way at the moment and lot of the examples seem more complex than my needs.

I want to use the framework to simply provide my application with a list of directories where the contents i'm interested in have changed.  I don't want to even move files around, am not concerned with the file contents either.

My application is interested in about 160 file types and I want to monitor directories for new ones, moved ones or deleted ones.

Should there be any changes I just want Sync to keep a note of its location and at the end of the Sync session send a List<string> of the changed directories back to my app to then perform its processing.

Is the Sync framework a little overkill for this?  I'm just looking at the ManagedNTFSSample with a confused look!

Does anyone have any pointers to good sources of info on performing such a task?

Thanks in advance,

James.
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:03 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 8:22 PM

Answers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:42 PM

All replies

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:42 PM
  • Hi Maria,

Many thanks for this info.  Will take a look at these examples and see what I can find.

Strangely, I had to hit reply to your post before the links appeared.  It seems your post available to the forum is different to the one I'm replying too ... very odd!

Thanks again!
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:53 PM
  • Its not the forum that is playing with your mind Smile I modified my response, you were probably in the middle of your response while I modifying mine.

Maria

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:59 PM
  • Freaky deaky!! Wink

Thanks! x
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:01 PM