none
Unusual exception from Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Store RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I recently started getting a weird exception and am having a hard time pinning down the source.

Unhandled exception in AppDomain

-----> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Store.SchedulerStoreSvc.OpenStoreManager()

at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Store.SchedulerStoreSvc._MonitorThread()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Now I didn't start this thread and i have no idea what it does. I've never encountered this namespace before and can't find documentation about it.

I'm using HPC pack 2008 R2 and HPC client pack sp4 in a C# environment.

does anyone know where this comes from?

what call starts a background thread that uses this namespace?

Also, is there a way to catch this kind of exception?

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 3:01 PM

All replies

• Can you give us some context?

What process is seeing this exception?

Under what circumstances?

If this is your c# code via IScheduler calls, is there a specific call that results in this exception?

d

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:29 PM
  • I am actually looking for the context myself :) 

the software in question contains only one process, and in it the exception is unhandled. it bubbles up until it reaches the AppDomain

So far I've been unable to reliably recreate the exception, it's something of a ghost. the program configures and sends many ischeduler tasks and the error occures too sporadically to make any reliable deductions as to the cause.

the program is written in C# and there are quit a few Ischeduler calls, I'm trying to narrow down the possible offenders. I was hoping someone is familiar with this namespace/exception so i can narrow down the pool of suspects.

Thanks

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:26 AM