I cannot reply to a paper from email . It says put in your key code. I put the one one the sticker on my computer but it wont let me type. RRS feed

Answers

• I believe the issue is that the user is attempting to reply to someone by email. but when he/she attempts to reply, Outlook opens and requests a Product key be entered.

Outlook is part of Microsoft Office and computer manufacturers often install a trial version of Microsoft Office in computers they sell.  If you are getting a prompt to type in a Product Key when opening a Microsoft Office program, it is likely the trial period is over.

The product key affixed to your computer is for Windows (the operating system) and not for Microsoft Office.

Darin MS
    Friday, April 15, 2011 12:19 AM

All replies

• "someone in htown" wrote in message news:ac0db150-17bd-4124-b31f-2cbea5ee0e8f...

My key code does not work

Please explain more about this email - MS do NOT ask for email details of your Product Key without you first initiating contact with them.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:01 PM
  • I believe the issue is that the user is attempting to reply to someone by email. but when he/she attempts to reply, Outlook opens and requests a Product key be entered.

Outlook is part of Microsoft Office and computer manufacturers often install a trial version of Microsoft Office in computers they sell.  If you are getting a prompt to type in a Product Key when opening a Microsoft Office program, it is likely the trial period is over.

The product key affixed to your computer is for Windows (the operating system) and not for Microsoft Office.

Darin MS
    Friday, April 15, 2011 12:19 AM