Error on record custom entity create RRS feed

• Question

• I seem to be receiving an error when I create a new custom entity record as per below.  Note that the operation still works fine despite the error.  The error is also intermittant.

I dont seem to understand the cause of the error and so cant solve it.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents

<CrmScriptErrorReport>
     <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion>
     <ScriptErrorDetails>
    	<Message>Unable to set value of the property 'innerHTML': object is null or undefined</Message>
    	<Line>6</Line>
    	<URL>/_common/global.ashx?ver=914214765</URL>
    	<PageURL>/userdefined/edit.aspx?etc=10006&pagemode=iframe&sitemappath=Workplace%7cMyWork%7cnav_dashboards</PageURL>
    	<Function></Function>
    	<CallStack>
    	</CallStack>
     </ScriptErrorDetails>
     <ClientInformation>
    	<BrowserUserAgent>Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; FDM; MASN)</BrowserUserAgent>
    	<BrowserLanguage>en-us</BrowserLanguage>
    	<SystemLanguage>en-za</SystemLanguage>
    	<UserLanguage>en-za</UserLanguage>
    	<ScreenResolution>1536x864</ScreenResolution>
    	<ClientName>Web</ClientName>
      <ClientTime>2011-05-16T19:04:45</ClientTime>
     </ClientInformation>
     <ServerInformation>
      <OrgLanguage>1033</OrgLanguage>
      <OrgCulture>7177</OrgCulture>
      <UserLanguage>1033</UserLanguage>
      <UserCulture>7177</UserCulture>
      <OrgID>{3EB1302A-1817-47DE-A88E-AFF74EBBC82E}</OrgID>
      <UserID>{0B643854-C362-E011-AA4F-000C2970CF9B}</UserID>
      <CRMVersion>5.0.9688.1045</CRMVersion>
     </ServerInformation>
    </CrmScriptErrorReport>

Appreciate any suggestions or solutions..

Many thanks

Rish
    Monday, May 16, 2011 5:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Rish

I have also encountered the same problem.. Did you find any solution for this?

Ottar

Friday, June 17, 2011 7:22 AM
  • I am also getting this issue and it is driving me mad!

It doesn`t seem to happen on command!

Tony

Monday, July 11, 2011 3:19 PM
  • Are your CRM options set to automatically send the Error report to Microsoft?  If not, change your options under the Privacy tab of your CRM options to automatically send the error report and see if you stop seeing the error prompt.  I understand that this does not resolve the underlying issue but it should make the prompt disappear.

These types of errors are generally script errors related to IE or IE settings and it will be challenging if not impossible to tell you exactly what the script issue is.  You can try using the development tools inherient in IE to identify the exact issue.  This article might help. 

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:13 PM
  • Hi All,

I am haveing an issue with my Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 installation.

I upgraded from CRM 4 to 2011 and have set up Claims based authentication with the IFD component aswell. Since moving to Claims based and IFD I have had several issues on saving Orders, opportunities and many other entities. The full error I get is

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents

<CrmScriptErrorReport>

<ReportCersion>1.0</ReportVersion>

<ScriptErrorDetails>

<Message>Unable to set value of the property 'innerHTML'; Object is null or undefined</Message>

<Line>6</Line>

<URL>/_common/global.ashx?ver=1928551480</URL>

<PageURL>/userdefined/edit.aspx?etc=1088&pagemode=iframe&sitemappath=Workplace%7cnav_queues</PageURL>

At first i thought this may be to do with the browser (javascript) but this is not the case. Then I looked into the ADFS session timeout, setting this to 8 hours fixed a freed script error but this one still continues.

The entity still saves but this is causing our admin staff alot of heartache. If anyone has an answer it would be greatly appreciated

Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:04 AM
  • This is one of several non-critical error msg I receive on a daily basis. I cannot find a consistent way to re-produce the error, but each time it occurs, I submit it to MSFT. Hopefully they're keeping tab on this error...
    --Dodd
    Friday, July 22, 2011 8:41 PM
  • I can reliably recreate this bug by using the autocomplete feature on a lookup field.

I have a form with 3 lookup fields. If I use the magnifying glass icon to set the look up on each field I don't get the error. If I type in a few letters and get shown the available options & choose one, I don't get an error

If however I type in enough characters to get a full autocompletion when I tab out of the field, then I get the innerHtml error when I save the record. This seems to add up with the error message as presumably the innerHTML of the field is being set when I use the autocomplete feature.

The save always succeeds regardless of whether the JScript error is thrown or not.

In short - I'm convinced this is a bug in CRM 2011 lookup fields.

Paul Dowman, CRM Developer
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:18 PM
  • That's great. Have you gone to the CRM support team with this bug?
    --Dodd
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:46 PM
  • I Dodd - I'm not altogether sure how to do that. Can you point me in the right direction?
    Paul Dowman, CRM Developer
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:09 PM
  • Corry,

I can. I would do so myself, but my company is in a transition with our internal CRM Support plan...

If you have CRM support through MSFT directly, you can go to CustomerSource to open up a support ticket. If you have you support through a Value Added Reseller (VAR), such as a consulting firm, you might need to ask them to open the ticket. If you have access to CustomerSource, go here:

https://mbs2.microsoft.com/support/newstart.aspx

You will need to log on with your Windows Live ID.

--Dodd
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:40 PM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:45 PM
  • My users are experiancing this constantly when they use Autocomplete. This is with IE 9.0. Very annoying!
    Monday, December 5, 2011 2:01 PM
  • As you can see in the error message this is a bug with Microsoft code and not Custom code. See this thread: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/is/crm/thread/0dadf720-a04e-4a96-9624-6ab40ccd6860
    • Edited by NateOne Monday, December 5, 2011 2:05 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 2:04 PM
  • Merging threads. 

Since the error message is not impacting the ability to save your work,  I would still give the change I suggested above a try and see if that works so  you stop seeing the error. 

Regards, Donna

Monday, December 5, 2011 2:32 PM
  • Yes, that works fine. However, then you will miss seeing other error, possibly more crucial messages. Certainly as the developer/dba of our installation I will not turn off script error messages, because then I can't debug my work.
    Monday, December 5, 2011 2:35 PM
  • Of course, as a developer, I would not expect you to automatically report script errors to Microsoft because you need to ensure your code is running as expected. 

"As you stated in your post, this is happening for your End Users and they are annoyed by it."  The purpose of my response was to provide a suggestion for eliminating the annoyance.

This advice is provided for end users who have no control over correcting Script errors, where the Script error is not impacting their ability to do their work, are confused or concerned when they see the error............

Sending these types of errors automatically to Microsoft does not change the behavior of seeing "more crucial messages".  CRM will still display critical error messages when something goes wrong that impacts the user's ability to take whatever action he or she was attempting.  That user will still get the friendly, "Try the action again and if it doesn't work contact your CRM System Administrator". 

That crucial error message, that we've all come to know and love, will still be delivered as expected ;)

Regards, Donna

Monday, December 5, 2011 3:07 PM
  • Hi!

We have the same issue for that error message.

Here is a new knowledge base article for that issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2671694

The solution is only a workaround.

It is a autopopulate problem.

Regards,

Andreas

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 3:26 PM
  • Glad to see that one of the 'workarounds' was what I suggested :) 

For Individual users:

1. In Microsoft Dynamics CRM, point to File, point to Options, and then click Privacy.

2. Select Automatically send an error report to Microsoft without asking me for permission.

3. This will stop the script error from occurring in this situation.

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:51 PM