none
Bullet list with number sub-list shows as bullet RRS feed

• Question

• Adding a numbered sub-list to a bulletted list shows as a bullet list.

1. Click bullet list button.
    2. Add text.
    3. Press <shift><enter>
    4. Click number list button.
    5. Add text.
    6. Click Submit button.

Re-editting the post shows it is a numbered list in the edit box itself.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:02 PM

Answers

•  

•  
      1. i see a number in edit mode

Yes, I see a number in edit mode.   Is the idea that it will go away after I Submit?

I had a quirk something like this on Answers.   I think it is going to be IE9 more than anything but I didn't go any further than seeing that there is a very simple workaround: Refresh.   See if the same workaround helps you?  

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Confirmed.   Actually it's even quirkier.   In my original composition I had eliminated everything except the numbered line (and it was numbered).   After Submit the numbered line was now a bullet AND a previously unseen bullet was above it.   Back in Edit the containing bullet is still there but now the number is back.   Oh.  I didn't think to test my workaround...  So, I did a Ctrl-k to reshow this thread and there were nested bullets.  Let's see what happens after a second Submit?   ; )

Friday, September 16, 2011 2:50 PM

All replies

• Using a list, number or bullet, and a sublist, can't exit list.

1. Click list button
    2. Add some text
    3. Press <shift><enter>
    4. Click list button.
    5. Add some text
    6. Press <enter>
    7. Press <enter>
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:59 PM
  • In both of the above scenarios, I'm not able to repro the problem. After both step 4's above, the list mode is removed. So I'll need to more mor info re: repro steps.  Understand that I'm not saying the LI or editor in these forums acceptable, just that I'm not seeing this particular issue.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:17 PM
    Answerer
  •  

Maybe it's an FF issue.

I'll test the first issue here:

• test

• Edited by Brian Tkatch Friday, September 16, 2011 1:33 PM examples
    Friday, September 16, 2011 1:30 PM
  •  

•  

Yes, I see a number in edit mode.   Is the idea that it will go away after I Submit?

I had a quirk something like this on Answers.   I think it is going to be IE9 more than anything but I didn't go any further than seeing that there is a very simple workaround: Refresh.   See if the same workaround helps you?  

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Confirmed.   Actually it's even quirkier.   In my original composition I had eliminated everything except the numbered line (and it was numbered).   After Submit the numbered line was now a bullet AND a previously unseen bullet was above it.   Back in Edit the containing bullet is still there but now the number is back.   Oh.  I didn't think to test my workaround...  So, I did a Ctrl-k to reshow this thread and there were nested bullets.  Let's see what happens after a second Submit?   ; )

Friday, September 16, 2011 2:50 PM