I need to resore a crm server to the domain after deleting ad entries RRS feed

• Question

• Can a CRM installation be restored to the domain when the ad entries for the CRM solution have been deleted? Everything was installed on one machine (a virtual server 2005r2 vm). My googling and searching msdn and technet do not turn up this particular problem.

Thanks

Saturday, April 24, 2010 12:24 AM

Answers

• I got it!

I mean, I finally understand a perfectly good explanation:

Using SQL Server Management Studio, restore the problem database (vq_MSCRM) to vq2_MSCRM,

Use Deployment Manager.

Select Import Organization and choose the newly restored db (vq2_MSCRM),

Open the imported Organization in a browser (http://vq1/vq2) and voila! everything is there.

The old database was at an older service pack level, which caused a warning but did not stop the import.

Now I understand what the Deployment Manager is good for.

Thank you wael_e for your time.

• Marked as answer by Gerald Chudyk Wednesday, April 28, 2010 5:56 PM
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 5:56 PM

All replies

• if you mean after active diractory deleting?

if yes , i think you will make a new installation and import the organization , in steps for import organization it will ask you to map users so you will make the old users in old AD to new users in new AD and it will take a time

Thanks for any help :) my blog is: http://www.waelk.com
    Saturday, April 24, 2010 12:50 PM
  • I should have mentioned that the complete crm installation (2003r2/spl2005/crm4) is sitting in a Virtual Server 2005r2. It is a development project that was supposedly stopped, now reactivated. I need to get the customizations out and then it can be tossed again. It seems we never exported the customizations out of crm as we never expected to need them again.

We deleted the crm ad security groups from our development domain a few months ago (I think I can see some of them in the ad isDelete space). I thought that a reinstall of crm within the vm would recreate them, but I can only create a new crm instance. It needs existing ad entries to use the crm instance in the vm. I tried manually creating the security groups in ad as per TechNet article id 946286, but no joy.

The only good news is that I can copy and break the vm as often as want until I resolve this problem.

Thanks.

Saturday, April 24, 2010 3:18 PM
  • ok can you make a backup from this organization database if you can it will be fine becouse when you do this backup you will make a new installation of crm and restour this backup to database and import this organization after all of this steps you will open the organization and export the customization as you want
    Thanks for any help :) my blog is: http://www.waelk.com
    • Proposed as answer by wael_e Tuesday, April 27, 2010 8:13 AM
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 5:15 AM
  • I created a backup of the original database (mscrm_config and vq_mscrm), rebuilt a server from scratch with msdn/technet versions of 2004r2 enterprise, sql2005, crm4.0 with latest available service packs and updates. I was able to successfully browse on to the new crm installation. After backing up this new crm installation, I restored the two databases from my original database...and found the same error messages:

The browser returns:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no such object on the server.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException: There is no such object on the server.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace: 

[DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x80072030): There is no such object on the server.
    ]
      System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) +377678
      System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +36
      System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_NativeObject() +31
      System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] args) +53
      Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityUtils.CheckMembership(Guid principalId, Guid groupId) +228
      Microsoft.Crm.Caching.OrganizationSettingsCacheLoader.LoadCacheData(Guid key, ExecutionContext context) +619
      Microsoft.Crm.Caching.ObjectModelCacheLoader`2.LoadCacheData(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) +114
      Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.CreateEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) +84
      Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.LookupEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) +135
      Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.IsOrganizationSpecialUser(Guid organizationId, Guid userId, ExecutionContext context) +137
      Microsoft.Crm.Caching.UserDataCacheLoader.LoadCacheData(Guid key, ExecutionContext context) +502
      Microsoft.Crm.Caching.ObjectModelCacheLoader`2.LoadCacheData(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) +401
      Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.CreateEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) +84
      Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.LookupEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) +135
      Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetUserInfoInternal(WindowsIdentity identity, IOrganizationContext context, UserAuth& userInfo) +207
      Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetCallerAndBusinessGuidsFromThread(WindowsIdentity identity, Guid organizationId) +179
      Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.CrmWindowsIdentity..ctor(WindowsIdentity innerIdentity, Boolean publishCrmUser, Guid organizationId) +226
      Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.WindowAuthenticationProviderBase.Authenticate(HttpApplication application) +416
      Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationStep.Authenticate(HttpApplication application) +157
      Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipeline.Authenticate(HttpApplication application) +86
      Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationEngine.Execute(Object sender, EventArgs e) +478
      System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
      System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082 

and the error log returns:

Event Type:	Warning
    Event Source:	ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
    Event Category:	Web Event 
    Event ID:	1309
    Date:		4/27/2010
    Time:		9:49:36 PM
    User:		N/A
    Computer:	VQ1
    Description:
    Event code: 3005 
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. 
    Event time: 4/27/2010 9:49:36 PM 
    Event time (UTC): 4/28/2010 4:49:36 AM 
    Event ID: b64327c4f5ec470faca264a5cd3469cd 
    Event sequence: 2 
    Event occurrence: 1 
    Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 
      Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT-1-129169037639074760 
      Trust level: Full 
      Application Virtual Path: / 
      Application Path: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ 
      Machine name: VQ1 

Process information: 
      Process ID: 2308 
      Process name: w3wp.exe 
      Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 

Exception information: 
      Exception type: CrmObjectNotFoundException 
      Exception message: systemuser With Id = 21845bce-7d52-df11-854c-00096bf15018 Does Not Exist 

Request information: 
      Request URL: http://localhost/vq/loader.aspx 
      Request path: /vq/loader.aspx 
      User host address: 127.0.0.1 
      User: EKO\Administrator 
      Is authenticated: True 
      Authentication Type: Negotiate 
      Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 

Thread information: 
      Thread ID: 1 
      Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 
      Is impersonating: True 
      Stack trace:  at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.BusinessProcessObject.Retrieve(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, EntityExpression entityExpression, ExecutionContext context, Int32[] deletionCodes, Int32 languageCode)
      at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.BusinessProcessObject.Retrieve(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, EntityExpression entityExpression, ExecutionContext context, Int32[] deletionCodes)
      at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.BusinessProcessObject.Retrieve(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, EntityExpression entityExpression, ExecutionContext context)
      at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.UserDataCacheLoader.LoadCacheData(Guid key, ExecutionContext context)
      at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.ObjectModelCacheLoader`2.LoadCacheData(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
      at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.CreateEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
      at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.LookupEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
      at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetUserInfoInternal(WindowsIdentity identity, IOrganizationContext context, UserAuth& userInfo)
      at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetCallerAndBusinessGuidsFromThread(WindowsIdentity identity, Guid organizationId)
      at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.CrmWindowsIdentity..ctor(WindowsIdentity innerIdentity, Boolean publishCrmUser, Guid organizationId)
      at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.WindowAuthenticationProviderBase.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
      at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationStep.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
      at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipeline.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
      at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationEngine.Execute(Object sender, EventArgs e)
      at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
      at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Custom event details: 

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any help is appreciated.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 5:05 AM
  • I got it!

I mean, I finally understand a perfectly good explanation:

Using SQL Server Management Studio, restore the problem database (vq_MSCRM) to vq2_MSCRM,

Use Deployment Manager.

Select Import Organization and choose the newly restored db (vq2_MSCRM),

Open the imported Organization in a browser (http://vq1/vq2) and voila! everything is there.

The old database was at an older service pack level, which caused a warning but did not stop the import.

Now I understand what the Deployment Manager is good for.

Thank you wael_e for your time.

• Marked as answer by Gerald Chudyk Wednesday, April 28, 2010 5:56 PM
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 5:56 PM