WHS Not Backing Up My Vista User Folder RRS feed

• Question

• I decided to open one of my previous backups just to take a look at how it works and such and I discovered that WHS hasn't been backing up my Windows Vista user folder located at C:\Users\Alex on my client PC. I checked in that computer's backup config to make sure that it isn't set to exclude that folder. I do, however, have C:\Users\Alex\Downloads set to be excluded, but that shouldn't be excluding the entire \Alex\ folder, right?

What's wrong here? Thanks.
    Saturday, August 18, 2007 4:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, that correct, but could you check if you excluding the right folder for that vista pc?

Also, some issue been reporting for vista client pc's, regarding backup and a like, when the connector been istalled from the cd, maybe that not apply here, but maybe, solution was to uninstall the connector, then reinstall from the whs share "software" folder.

My best.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 4:47 PM
  • I double-checked in the backup configuration wizard for that PC and it doesn't know the folder \Alex\ on the exclusion list. So from what I see, it should be backing up that folder.
    Saturday, August 18, 2007 5:04 PM
  • So you think my best course of action would be to uninstall the connector and re-install it?
    Monday, August 20, 2007 1:29 PM
  •  angmi90 wrote:
    So you think my best course of action would be to uninstall the connector and re-install it?

Hi,

Yes, from the whs share folder software, not from the cd.

My best.
    Monday, August 20, 2007 4:46 PM
  • OK well I reinstalled the connector software from the WHS share folder and let the backup run and it still didn't backup my Vista user folder, just the /Public/ user folder.
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 1:48 PM
  •  angmi90 wrote:
    OK well I reinstalled the connector software from the WHS share folder and let the backup run and it still didn't backup my Vista user folder, just the /Public/ user folder.

Hi,

Can you try this:

Disable User Account Control (UAC) in your Vista pc.

And run the backup again.

My best.

Update: You need to reboot after you disable the UAC, then try the backup.
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 2:38 PM
  • With UAC off, it still does not backup my /Alex/ user folder. What else could it be? Does anyone else have this issue?
    Monday, September 10, 2007 1:36 AM