MapPoint 2013 Activation issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed MapPoint 2013 on a VM template that is used to create a desktop pool for zero clients to connect to.  After the install I activated the software on the template and then locked the application down to a single user on the network.   The issue is that After I apply the template to the pool I am able to login with my admin account that I installed the software with and open the application with no issues.  But if I attempt to open the software with the user that has access it will open but will say it is a trial version and want to be activated and if I enter the key I have it says it is not a valid key.  If I attempt to open the software with any other user on the network they get an access denied which is what I want. 

Is there a way to activate the software for the user that is supposed to use it?  Do I need to uninstall the software from the template and re-install but not activate it and then activate it under the users account that needs to use it?  Will it work in a domain environment?

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:50 PM