none
Some achievements are missing? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm pretty sure that I voted at least 100 posts as helpful during my forum's participation which should have earned me Forum's Curator III achievement. I am also pretty sure I have more than 500 times my answer as proposed answer, so I should also have Proposed Answerer II.

Thanks in advance,

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:31 AM

Answers

• That's weird. I know I mark at least 10 answers every day as proposed answers. In 80% of cases these proposed answers then become the actual answers. Also, I believe that in some cases I identify the correct answer better than the OP (sometimes he marks wrong responses).

My blog

I've got the same problem. Sean previously mentioned that this could be because of the issue where not all answers are coming from the Forums system into the Profile system. That's the fix (currently set for 10/27) that he mentioned above. So I'm waiting to see if the fix at the end of this month takes care of this problem.
    Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Monday, October 17, 2011 7:49 PM
    Owner
  • For Forums Curator III, you need to also have marked 1000 replies as answers.  Personally, I think this number is a bit high.

For Proposed Answerer II, 500 of your replies need to have been marked as Proposed Answer.  I think all three of these achievements need to be tweaked because their threshold is way too high.  Users of these forums do not utilize the Propose Answer feature as much as the forum owners would like.

If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration tool | [PowerShell GUI] New AD User Creation tool

Well, it is a gold medal, so those are supposed to be hard to achieve. There are at least three gold medals on the Wiki that no one has achieved yet.

Also, they based the numbers on what people were currently doing. So not a lot of people were voting answers as Helpful, so they made those numbers lower, even though it's much easier to find posts that are helpful versus finding posts that answer the original question and then (this is the hardest part) a moderator or asker marks it as the answer.

However, not all forums are well moderated, and getting a moderator or asker to mark a proposed question as the answer might be much harder than it sounds.

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Monday, October 17, 2011 7:54 PM
    Owner

All replies

• For Forums Curator III, you need to also have marked 1000 replies as answers.  Personally, I think this number is a bit high.

For Proposed Answerer II, 500 of your replies need to have been marked as Proposed Answer.  I think all three of these achievements need to be tweaked because their threshold is way too high.  Users of these forums do not utilize the Propose Answer feature as much as the forum owners would like.

If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration tool | [PowerShell GUI] New AD User Creation tool
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 2:25 PM
  • I read all these numbers as either one of the milestones has to be reached. I also think that at least 500 answers of mine have been proposed already.

My blog
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 3:46 PM
  • I read all these numbers as either one of the milestones has to be reached. I also think that at least 500 answers of mine have been proposed already.

My blog
    Both milestones must be reached for the achievement to be awarded.  As for the proposed answers, we will have to wait until October 27th to see if that is listed in the profile along with answers and code answers.

Sunday, October 16, 2011 4:10 PM
  • Yep, you must reach all milestones in an achievement to be awarded the achievement. The list is not an OR, it's an AND.

And yes, we are on schedule for October 27th to get the answers into stats and have the achievements around these functioning as expected.

Monday, October 17, 2011 4:59 PM
  • Can you post this page again (the one explaining how activities are related with achievements). 

In any case, I think during my forum's participation I marked at least 1000 threads as proposed answers and at least gave 100 helpful votes, so should not I get that achievement?

My blog
    Monday, October 17, 2011 5:16 PM
  • http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx

(It's also linked off your profile page should need to get back to it)

As to the achievement, it's not proposed answers, it's when the Proposed becomes an actual answer. You're at 254 of those at this time.

Answered A Question
    Forums Curator III Identified valuable content for Forums users. Gold
    1000 x Identified a Forums Answer
    100 x Voted Post as Helpful

Monday, October 17, 2011 5:22 PM
  • That's weird. I know I mark at least 10 answers every day as proposed answers. In 80% of cases these proposed answers then become the actual answers. Also, I believe that in some cases I identify the correct answer better than the OP (sometimes he marks wrong responses).

My blog
    Monday, October 17, 2011 5:26 PM

My blog

I've got the same problem. Sean previously mentioned that this could be because of the issue where not all answers are coming from the Forums system into the Profile system. That's the fix (currently set for 10/27) that he mentioned above. So I'm waiting to see if the fix at the end of this month takes care of this problem.
    Monday, October 17, 2011 7:49 PM
    Owner

Well, it is a gold medal, so those are supposed to be hard to achieve. There are at least three gold medals on the Wiki that no one has achieved yet.

Also, they based the numbers on what people were currently doing. So not a lot of people were voting answers as Helpful, so they made those numbers lower, even though it's much easier to find posts that are helpful versus finding posts that answer the original question and then (this is the hardest part) a moderator or asker marks it as the answer.

However, not all forums are well moderated, and getting a moderator or asker to mark a proposed question as the answer might be much harder than it sounds.

Monday, October 17, 2011 7:54 PM
    Owner
  • I sometimes propose answers in the old (closed) threads if I see that this is the correct answer. Sometimes (if it's not too much) I e-mail these threads to known moderators, but usually just mark the proposed answers.

My blog
    Monday, October 17, 2011 9:07 PM
  • I sometimes propose answers in the old (closed) threads if I see that this is the correct answer. Sometimes (if it's not too much) I e-mail these threads to known moderators, but usually just mark the proposed answers.

My blog

Whoops! I meant to vote as Helpful, not as an answer. =^)

I think once we have that profile messages feature, it will be much easier to handle these situations.

Thanks!

Monday, October 17, 2011 10:01 PM
    Owner
  • Wait a moment. Having your replies marked as the answer can get you "Forums Answerer" and "Code Answerer" achievements. To get "Forums Curator" achievements you need to mark other people's replies as answers (I thought). If you are not a moderator, you can only mark replies to questions you ask, so this achievment is not really available (you would need to ask 1000 questions). Several people have maxed out on "Answerer" achievements, but I don't think I've seen anyone with "Forums Curator III".

Also, the new statistics will include the number of your replies that have been marked as answers. However, I have not seen where it will include how many replies (of other people) that you have marked as an answer. I have no idea how close I am to having marked 1000 answers.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Monday, October 17, 2011 11:04 PM
  • The way I understood it, is that you need to mark answers as proposed answers and then lately they have to be confirmed as answers.

This is a bit tricky and still I am a bit surprised with the lower number Sean posted. I know that I generously propose a right answer when I see it. In many cases it then becomes marked.

My blog
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:05 AM
  • @Naomi N

"Did you intend to sell these points? :))" ...or these answers?

(http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Profile/thread/22706cb6-7a33-4e49-a24d-986d2481badc - locked!!!)

dni
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:58 PM
  • Once I get 100K points, I'll get a new car in exchange.

My blog
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:02 PM
  • Oh! I heard about it! But the car is without brakes and without ...car. Good Luck!
    dni
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:40 PM
  • The way I understood it, is that you need to mark answers as proposed answers and then lately they have to be confirmed as answers.

This is a bit tricky and still I am a bit surprised with the lower number Sean posted. I know that I generously propose a right answer when I see it. In many cases it then becomes marked.

My blog

Let's see if the fix next week increases this number.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:59 PM
    Owner