Update Rollup 10 breaking the existing functionality RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

We've updated our UAT CRM environment from RTM version to Rollup 6 + Rollup 10 recently. This is breaking the existing functionality which is in place. We have an integration between Commerce server and CRM through BizTalk. When a customer sign up on our website, a customer a/c gets created in the CS databaase and then moves into CRM through BizTalk. After the update, the customer record isn't getting created on CRM.

I have taken the backup of the databases before the update. I know Rollup 10 can be uninstalled but not Rollup 6. Does restoring the databases as it were before the update  would work? Please suggest.

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:34 AM

All replies

• Update 6 changed some schema information, which might be where the break is. You could roll back, but because of a lot of existing bugs in RTM, my recommendation would be to update the BizTalk communication. It should not be a major change, and much easier than trying to roll back the CRM system.

However, if you do need to roll back, you likely will want to uninstall CRM entirely, then install RTM and restore your database, so all the bits match.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 1:59 PM