locked
0x89731B01 error during deploy to device RRS feed

  • Question

  • using vs2012 express for developing a windows 8 phone app on my 8.1 pro dell laptop.  app was just manually certified for the windows store a week or 2 ago.  this same deploy of that app worked fine after that certification.  I could run it fine using the emulator or deploying to my device until just a couple of days ago when the deploy to the device fails with this error.  the emulator still runs the app ok w/o any problems.  error lookup of this error returns no message.  I have this question posted in the windows phone forum but so far no help.  Microsoft code returns this error but there are no tools available that explain it.  Maybe I can make forward progress if someone can just explain this error.  It should be a bug not a question.

    walter fink

    • Moved by Carl Cai Monday, November 4, 2013 1:51 AM not relate
    Friday, November 1, 2013 9:07 PM

Answers

  • Make sure WIFI is turned off on your phone.  That is what I had to do.  The WiFi gives it an IP address, the Debugger tries to give it one over USB and the phone is not listening.  Disabling the Wifi helped me.
    • Proposed as answer by Kurt Dowswell Sunday, January 11, 2015 2:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, January 28, 2015 11:27 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:48 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Welcome to MSDN.

    I am afraid it seems that this is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss and ask questions about the Visual Studio Debugging tools, Visual Studio Profiler tools, and Visual Studio Ultimate IntelliTrace.

    I suggest you consider posting new reply in that thread you have posted.

    If this issue is urgent, please contact support at http://support.microsoft.com.

    Thanks for your understanding.

    Regards.


    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.


    • Edited by Carl Cai Monday, November 4, 2013 1:51 AM
    Monday, November 4, 2013 1:51 AM
  • I can't use the product due to this error; therefore, I actually feel it should be a bug and not a forum question.  That is why I started the issue as a microsoft support question.  I don't have alot of trust in issues getting resolution in these forums.  I have a few unanswered forum issues.  The forums seem to be an easy way for Microsoft to avoid what should be it's responsibilities.

    walter fink

    Monday, November 4, 2013 1:56 PM
  • Make sure WIFI is turned off on your phone.  That is what I had to do.  The WiFi gives it an IP address, the Debugger tries to give it one over USB and the phone is not listening.  Disabling the Wifi helped me.
    • Proposed as answer by Kurt Dowswell Sunday, January 11, 2015 2:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, January 28, 2015 11:27 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:48 AM
  • This worked for me!
    • Proposed as answer by Kurt Dowswell Sunday, January 11, 2015 2:23 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Kurt Dowswell Sunday, January 11, 2015 2:24 AM
    Sunday, January 11, 2015 2:23 AM
  • Turning off the WiFi on my Nokia Lumia 930 also worked for me.

    Thanks.

    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 9:31 PM
  • Hi Developers,

    I installed a VS13 update (one that updates a connection with Azure), and the problem went away for awhile, but came back.

    I have found that as a work around, if you turn "Airplane Mode" on and off, the deploy does not fail anymore.

    Someday in subsequent Windows Phone and/or VS updates the problem will hopefully disappear for good.

    Thursday, May 21, 2015 5:30 PM