none
Genuine check seems to confuse itself. RRS feed

• Question

• Just lately I have been getting erratic behaviour from the (Microsoft) Validation checker tool. Sometimes it will generate a code which I can use to download from the download centre and some times it won't. Even worse on some occasions the code generated makes the download centre unable to verify that my genuine XP is genuine. MGAD.exe does it's scan and always comes up with the continue button and not the resolve button, when the Validation checker is run after this, it generates a code the download centre can accept.

I try to keep a "clean" computer, and generally try to use genuine MS products where I can. I regularly run security scans and AV checks, twice or more each week, I run a fully patched OS and use IE8 as my default browser. This is an issue that has occured just of maybe the last 2-3 months, I've been running this XP pro version since 2004 with no prior issues with validation or wga. I have down loaded the Validation checker numerous times, to see if it was maybe an issue with the tool, it isn't, it appears that something in my system is causing adverse effects on the tool itself, causing it to only work randomly. The wga diagnostic tool performs correctly every time.

What do I do now?

Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:40 AM

Answers

• Hello, Feeling Free

For us to be able to see what is going on, please paste the report generated by the diagnostic tool. You can redownload the tool at the following link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012.
    Run the Tool, click "Continue" then click the "Copy" button and Paste the back to us.

Please also post the error code you get (if any) when you validate by clicking "Validate Windows" here: www.microsoft.com/genuine. The error code will be gray and in brackets at the end of the message on the page that says validation failed.  (It'll look something like this:  [0xC004C000]).

David
    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, October 25, 2010 10:34 PM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:59 PM

All replies

• Hello, Feeling Free

For us to be able to see what is going on, please paste the report generated by the diagnostic tool. You can redownload the tool at the following link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012.
    Run the Tool, click "Continue" then click the "Copy" button and Paste the back to us.

Please also post the error code you get (if any) when you validate by clicking "Validate Windows" here: www.microsoft.com/genuine. The error code will be gray and in brackets at the end of the message on the page that says validation failed.  (It'll look something like this:  [0xC004C000]).

David
    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, October 25, 2010 10:34 PM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:59 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed yo be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, October 25, 2010 10:34 PM