none
Invalid CLSID_WebBrowser value RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Gurus, 

I recently had a very strange behaviour in my VS2017, I found when I tried to initialise a web browser controls it failed because CLSID_WebBrowser is not registered (don't know if this description is precise). when i watch its value in debug mode when app enters , it appears to have value as shown:

{C0DE1830-32A9-4CF3-BC6B-AF5D960124C2}

while in my another app, it shows:

{CLSID_Microsoft Web Browser}

Both apps are compiled and linked using same VS2017 IDE env. 

i'm very keen to know what could be the root cause , or how can i find where's the problem and how to fix it. 

many thanks in advance.

cheers,

Jim

• Moved by Stanly Fan Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:33 AM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 11:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Jim,

What the type of your project is? Is it a Winform application?

I'm afraid there is not a control named 'CLSID_WebBrowser' in Winform, and how do you initialize the webbrowser? What is the error message?

It would be better if you can provide more details and some code for your problem.

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 1:55 AM
  • name conflict. The one that got resolved to by the debugger is from the Windows SDK. The C0DE1830-32A9-4CF3-BC6B-AF5D960124C2 one is from somewhere else. Check your include path. 

Visual C++ MVP

Thursday, May 3, 2018 1:58 AM