OneLiveCare Firewall Bug RRS feed

• Question

•  

OneLiveCare doesn't work in combination with Windows Meeting Space.When the Firewall is off everything is fine but when you turn it on the Client can't connect to the Session Host.You see the Session started from the Host on the Client PC and you can also invite but the connection isn't working at all.

Everything is Setup right in the Firewall itself automaticly (asks when Meeting Space is started for blocking etc.).I also checked manually if everything is fine and opened also whole Portranges (in example TCP Ports 1900 and 3448 are needed i opened 1800-3600) without any luck.

So this must be a firewall bug cause with the standard Vista firewall everything also works fine.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is the network identified as Public or Private (Home or Work) on the PC that is running OneCare? Open OneCare, click change settings, configure firewall button.

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:19 PM
  • It's all Private on all PC's.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 12:40 AM
  • It seems to be only working when the Network isn't a private network and then only when the Ports are open in the OneCare Firewall (TCP/UDP 1800-4000).And then only when both PC's are in an open network.

I thought the security in a private network isn't as tight as in an open.So why does it work in an open network with ports open and in a private network not (same firewall configuration)

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 10:48 AM
  • I would expect that Windows Meeting would be automatically allowed by the firewall as a signed and known application. If you are allowing it via ports and an exception for the exe, it should never prompt you again.

I recommend contacting support on this. 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:28 PM
  • It is automaticlly allowed.The manual port settings are an addition to that for testing what the error might be.

This guide doesn't work for me cause i'm on trial and the option "Get more help" isn't available.Seems that i have to uninstall onelive care and stick with the built in vista-firewall and a 3rd party virus-scanner.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:51 PM
  • Get more help should still be available for Trial Users -

To open an email support case without validation:

• Open OneCare
    • Click on Help
    • Click "Windows Live OneCare Help"
    • In the window that opens, click "Show me more topics"
    • In the browser window that opens, click "Get More Help" in the lower right hand corner
    • Click "Get Support"
    • Select "Billing Support" or "Technical Support"
    • Select "No. This is a new issue"
    • Select "on a different computer"
    • Click Continue
    • Select "I have a trial/beta version of OneCare"
    • Click Continue
    • Sign in with your LiveID
    • Fill in the form with as much detail as possible and click continue
    • Make a note of the Case ID
    • You will typically receive a response within 24 hours, but it may be longer on weekend and holidays or periods of high volume.
    • Be sure to check your Junk Mail folders for the support response when checking your email and insure that you are not automatically deleting mail from unknown senders.
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:23 PM
  • And there is the Problem.Point 6 ins't available for me and i can't find it it when i go through the whole support page.But thanks for the support so far.

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2&queryType=keyword&query=rehto+rehtO&sid=4a069d35-769e-4339-8b18-7488b99db9c2_20018425&mkt=de-DE

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:27 PM
  • You link brings me a German help page. Is that the entry page for Help?

See if you can start from this page - https://help.live.com/ContactUs/default.aspx?sid=9c5e9d08-fe12-427a-8c3d-175802fe0c11&project=onecarev2&market=en-us

-steve

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 5:29 PM
  • Yes this was the entry page for help cause I'm from Germany and the Link you've posted gives me the "More Help" Option (in German) but the next page says i should search the Helppages without any contact information (Billing  Support / Technical Support).

Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:13 AM
  • How about this link?

https://help.live.com/ContactUs/default.aspx?sid=a88fb7a8-bed8-4815-b703-976404e2c74a&project=onecarev2&market=en-us

If that doesn't work, send me an email with "OneCare Help Germany" in the subject and this link http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2734104&SiteID=2 in the message body.

sboots@mvps.org

-steve

Thursday, January 24, 2008 1:06 PM
  • Ok done and thanks for helping me out.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 4:27 PM