Language change RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i have built a server for home and I have bought a new copy of Windows Home Server 2011 but what I didn't realise is that it is in German and English! can anyone tell me if it is possible to change the language at the point at which you start the installation or if I can change to English if I plot my what through the instal by some nifty translation??

any help advice much appreciated

thanks

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 4:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In general, for system which has been already installed, we can install language packs(which should be purchased separately) and then, change the display language via: 
    Control Panel – Clock, Language, and Region – Change display language – Install/Uninstall language, once the language pack has been successfully installed, you can change the language as you need. 

However, as far as I know, there is no language pack available for WHS 2011. Re-installation with corresponding language ISO would be recommended. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In general, for system which has been already installed, we can install language packs(which should be purchased separately) and then, change the display language via: 
    Control Panel – Clock, Language, and Region – Change display language – Install/Uninstall language, once the language pack has been successfully installed, you can change the language as you need. 

However, as far as I know, there is no language pack available for WHS 2011. Re-installation with corresponding language ISO would be recommended. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue. 

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 2:12 AM