GRMCULXFER_EN is this a Win7 torrent? RRS feed

• Question

• A local computer repair shop upgraded me from XP to 7 Ultimate a few years ago...never received the OEM DVD or product key. In an attempt to do a clean install yesterday, I received repeated error messages. I put the install DVD in my laptop and the disk was identified by the name in the title line. Is this a legit copy of Win7 or a bootleg.

If bootleg, what's my recourse with the store?

Thanks

Sunday, June 15, 2014 11:45 AM

Answers

• That's a legitimate name - which proves absolutely nothing.

The proof is that you say that you got no Key and no DVD with an upgrade. This is proof-positive of a counterfeit.

How do you expect to install Windows 7 without a Product Key?

If you're using one found with a Keyfinder app - what are the list five characters? what is the make/model of machine?

If the machine is currently running - please post an MGADiag report.

we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
     Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Sunday, June 15, 2014 1:45 PM

All replies

• That's a legitimate name - which proves absolutely nothing.

The proof is that you say that you got no Key and no DVD with an upgrade. This is proof-positive of a counterfeit.

How do you expect to install Windows 7 without a Product Key?

If you're using one found with a Keyfinder app - what are the list five characters? what is the make/model of machine?

If the machine is currently running - please post an MGADiag report.

we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
     Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Sunday, June 15, 2014 1:45 PM
  • A local computer repair shop upgraded me from XP to 7 Ultimate a few years ago...never received the OEM DVD or product key. In an attempt to do a clean install yesterday, I received repeated error messages. I put the install DVD in my laptop and the disk was identified by the name in the title line. Is this a legit copy of Win7 or a bootleg.

If bootleg, what's my recourse with the store?

Thanks

Go back to the store and demand genuine Windows 7 Ultimate.  If they refuse, contact your local law enforcement agency and file a formal fraud complaint.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, June 15, 2014 11:14 PM