OCS Schema RRS feed

• Question

• Has the schema been finalized yet for OCS2007?
    Monday, March 26, 2007 3:58 PM

Answers

• I would guess a MS product team member would have to give the definitive response, but last we were told was the schema is finalized assuming no major issues are found from now until RTM. Meaning...there are no planned changes to the schema at this time but that does not guarantee there will not be any. From beta 1 to beta 2 and from beta 2 to beta 3 there were changes; from beta 3 to public beta there were not.

Monday, March 26, 2007 5:26 PM

All replies

• I would guess a MS product team member would have to give the definitive response, but last we were told was the schema is finalized assuming no major issues are found from now until RTM. Meaning...there are no planned changes to the schema at this time but that does not guarantee there will not be any. From beta 1 to beta 2 and from beta 2 to beta 3 there were changes; from beta 3 to public beta there were not.

Monday, March 26, 2007 5:26 PM
  • Sounds good.  Thanks for the quick response.
    Monday, March 26, 2007 6:22 PM
  • Could someone from the OCS development team please let us know if there is any difference between the Public Beta 3 AD Schema and the RTM AD Schema?  Thanks.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:00 PM
  • The same question from me.

I just installed the RTM Trial Version on a Test Server, but I noticed, that in the MMC Snap-In it is stated as

Schema version: Office Communications Server (Public Beta)

The mentioned environment never hosted any Public Beta version, it was clean until today.

Did they mix up something with the Schema in the package or didn't the schema change and everything is fine?

Best Regards

Alex

Thursday, August 9, 2007 2:18 PM
  • Hi,

I used the compare feature of word, the only difference is an attribute rename in a description section.

So, I found out, RTM and Trial Schema is exactly the same, difference to Public Beta is that description.

Best Regards

Alexander Res

Friday, August 10, 2007 8:28 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Today I installed the version of OCS Standard Edition, which I downloaded from our MSDN Subscription. On the MSDN Subscribers download site, it says Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007, Standard Edition. But after I completed the Schema Preparation, the Schema is shown as Public Beta !!!.

Do you have any information if this is the correct/final schema which is posted on the MSDN site?

Thanks in advance,

Lubo.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 10:13 AM
  • Hi Lubo,

In name of a customer I opened a Premier Case on that or better added to an existent case.

The wrong string is a known bug by MS and will be fixed. I got this information from the Product Team.

Best Regards

Alex

Monday, October 1, 2007 4:55 AM
  • How can we find out how to fix the problem?  I assume it will not affect installing OCS 2007 into production.

Monday, October 1, 2007 11:02 AM