Copy Record with associated sub grid in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a record which contains a sub grid having some records in the subgrid. I am having a requirement wherein i have to copy the record data and the subgrid into another record, i.e. i need to make a copy of the record in the same entity. Is the given requirement can be done Out of Box or using Javascript or using any cusom coding. This is urgent requirement..

Thanks everyone.

Ashok

.Net/Business Intelligence
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 7:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please post any sample code which does this opeartion. It will be highly appreciated if anyone can provide me the sample code which does the copy operation of record with associated subgrid data.

Thanks,

Ashok

• Marked as answer by Ashok C Sunday, November 13, 2011 7:20 AM
    Monday, November 7, 2011 2:22 PM

All replies

• You can copy a single record using Workflow. But if you need to copy the related records from the sub-grid to the new record as well, you will need to write a custom workflow assembly.

HTH

Sam

Web: http://www.inogic.com
    Blog: http://inogic.blogspot.com
    Email: news@inogic.com
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Saturday, November 5, 2011 8:06 AM
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 8:06 AM
  • Hi Sam,

Do you have any sample code of custom workflows which does the similar type of copy operation CRM 2011 custom workflows.

Any URL where i can look for

Thanks,

Ashok

Saturday, November 5, 2011 8:51 AM
  • Hi Ashok ,

Sam is right that  there isnt any out of box functionality to copy child records.

There is another way to acheive this solution

Write a Custom ASP.net handler to copy the parent as well

child records. This would be invoked from Javascript by passing the parent id

hope this helps

dkay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

• Proposed as answer by D kay Saturday, November 5, 2011 8:53 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Ashok C Monday, November 7, 2011 2:22 PM
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

Could you please post any sample code which does this opeartion. It will be highly appreciated if anyone can provide me the sample code which does the copy operation of record with associated subgrid data.

Thanks,

Ashok

• Marked as answer by Ashok C Sunday, November 13, 2011 7:20 AM
    Monday, November 7, 2011 2:22 PM
  • Hi

Did this help?

Please make sure to mark as answer to the response that helped you get through. This will help others with similar problem identify the answer and also close this thread as resolved.

Thanks

Dk

Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:20 PM
  • Yes that helped me...Thanks a lot for your help
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 7:20 AM
  • Ashok,

Did you ever find code that lets you copy your subgrid data from one record to another? 

I'm looking to do the same thing. 

Please let me know. 

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 3:35 PM