Sell my copy of vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I bought a copy of Vista Business Full Copy when vista first came out. I installed it on one of my computers and did not like it at all.  A lot of other programs I used dident work well or at all with vista. so I formated the drive and reinstall xp. now I would like it sell the full copy. What are the copy wright, can I do this? I tryed to return it to the store they would not take it back being opened. I was told bye someone that you can only install vista 3 time before having to pay a fee?

1. Can I sell my copy ?
    2. only install 3 times true of false

thanks Shawn E 
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:08 AM

Answers

• Hello Slotguide1,

1) Yes, you can sell your copy of Vista IF  a) The copy of Vista is a Full Retail version (not OEM) and b) That copy of Vista is Not installed on any system

2) False, you can install a Retail copy of Vista as many times as you need as long as it is only installed on one computer at a time.

(NOTE: When you Activate the first time, it can be done over the internet, but any time after, the user is required to Activate by Phone. Therefore, I suggest that you inform the person that you sell this Vista to, that if they try to Activate over the Internet they will receive the error similar to "Key already in use". They will need to Activate by Phone and talk to an Activation Rep.)

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:50 PM

All replies

• Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:59 PM
  • Hello Slotguide1,

1) Yes, you can sell your copy of Vista IF  a) The copy of Vista is a Full Retail version (not OEM) and b) That copy of Vista is Not installed on any system

2) False, you can install a Retail copy of Vista as many times as you need as long as it is only installed on one computer at a time.

(NOTE: When you Activate the first time, it can be done over the internet, but any time after, the user is required to Activate by Phone. Therefore, I suggest that you inform the person that you sell this Vista to, that if they try to Activate over the Internet they will receive the error similar to "Key already in use". They will need to Activate by Phone and talk to an Activation Rep.)

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:50 PM