none
Licensing ICE technology

Question

• I've an industrial machine vision application where we may need to stitch together upwards of 240 images. After trying hugin, various commercial tools, and everything else I could lay my hands on the ICE application was the only one that came close to handling the messy, partially incomplete data-set I threw at it.  It did an amazing job of locating the images relative to each other, even though some were blurry or had very few features. Very impressive guys!

Is this only for MS internal use or would it be possible to license the technology for use in our application?

thanks,

Michael Tomlinson

Hydrix, Australia

michael.tomlinson at hydrix.com

Friday, November 14, 2014 12:53 AM

Answers

• As researchers and developers in the Microsoft Research organization, we are not really set up to license technology to third parties.  However, Microsoft's legal department has a web page about intellectual property licensing.  That page provides an email address where you may send an inquiry.  I hope that helps!

Eric Stollnitz, Computational Photography Group, Microsoft Research

Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:08 PM

All replies

• As researchers and developers in the Microsoft Research organization, we are not really set up to license technology to third parties.  However, Microsoft's legal department has a web page about intellectual property licensing.  That page provides an email address where you may send an inquiry.  I hope that helps!

Eric Stollnitz, Computational Photography Group, Microsoft Research

Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:08 PM
  • Hi Eric,

a colleague of mine would like to use MS ICE for stitching a lot of photos of an antenna to one single big picture.

Unfortunately I can not find any valid information regarding a license for commercial use / for using ICE in a company except in this forum here.

But your link and the email I found here ('behroozc@microsoft.com') are both no longer working :-/

As we do not sell the software itself nor make money with the pictures, just merge some photos to one single picture – is this commercial use (because it is used by a company)?

Hopefuly you can help me on this license topic

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

Basti

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:12 PM